Prince Harry: Back On the Frontline – BBC News, Sky News

Sky News Jeff Randall Live

Prince Harry has left Afghanistan after serving five months on the front line.

This was the 28-year-old’s second stint in combat after serving 2 months in the country in 2007/8.

Upon leaving the war zone, Prince Harry launched a scathing attack on the media, saying he should have been entitled to privacy in Las Vegas.

In a interview conducted in Camp Bastion, Harry admits that stripping in Las Vegas was a mistake, but says the papers have made no allowances for the fact that he was heading out to war, adding: “It was probably a classic example of me being too much Army and not enough Prince.

“Yes people might look at it, going, it was letting off steam, it’s all understandable now you’re going out to Afghanistan – well, the papers knew that I was going out to Afghan anyway.

“The way I was treated by them, I don’t think it’s acceptable.”

Sky News will broadcast a documentary on Prince Harry’s tour of duty in Afghanistan at 8.30pm and 9.30pm this evening on Sky Channel 501, Virgin Media 602, Freeview 82 and Freesat 202.

UPDATE: Sky News will rebroadcast Harry: Back On the Frontline on Tuesday evening at 9.30pm.

The BBC News Channel will air their documentary at 8.30pm and 10.30pm this evening on Sky Channel 503, Virgin Media 601, Freeview 80 and Freesat 200.

Posted by on Monday 21 January 2013
Posted in
Bernard Ponsonby retires from STV

STV’s special correspondent Bernard Ponsonby has announced he is retiring from the channel after 34 years in the industry. He

Darren McCaffrey Images

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News. He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving

Gillian Anderson as Emily Maitlis on Scoop

Scoop is a film based on the true events leading up to Prince Andrew’s explosive 2019 BBC Newsnight interview. The

Copy link