Jim Ross signs new contract with AEW

Jim Ross AEW Commentator

Legendary wrestling commentator Jim Ross has signed a new deal with AEW.

Speaking on his podcast, Grillin JR, Ross said: “We wrote a new deal. We wrote a completely new deal. No extension. New contract. It was probably the quickest and easiest negotiation I have ever done in my career of 50 years. That’s all because of Tony Khan’s commitment to me as a broadcaster. He’s always been a fan of my work, which helps your cause, when your boss is a fan of your work. We got a new deal.

“I’ll be back to do more work. I assume it’s going to be centered around the pay-per-view. We’re adding more pay-per-views and big events. I’ll be involved in some degree with those. I’m here, I’m getting better. That will work for me, if I’m working just pay-per-views, I’m very happy to do that.”

Ross, who called the final two matchups of this past Sunday’s AEW Revolution pay-per-view, confirmed that the length of the new deal is for another year.

A new era of AEW Dynamite starts to tonight at 1am UK and 8pm ET.

Posted by on Thursday 7 March 2024
Posted in
Missing Thumbnail

Things are changing at WWE.. With Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn no longer with the company the production values keep

Jackie Crockett

Jackie Crockett – cameraman for Jim Crockett Promotions and World Championship Wrestling – has died. His brother, David Crockett, said:

Kevin Kelly and Nigel McGuinness on AEW Collision

AEW announcer Kevin Kelly – who has been with the company since the launch of Collision – has been sacked.