Sky Sports News presenter Michelle Owen announces pregnancy; suffering from hypermesis gravidarum

Michelle Owen Sky Sports Football

Michelle Owen has announced she is pregnant.

The Sky Sports reporter posted on Instagram that she’s very happy to share the news that “all being well we have a little one joining us in November!”

“I know announcements like this are tough to see for some and for that I’m sorry, many people assume having children is straightforward but it’s not- we all need to be more aware. We feel so lucky but the last few months have been horrendous.

“I have hypermesis gravidarum, I constantly feel and am sick a lot – it’s basically acute sickness. I’ve been admitted to hospital 3 times so far, often I can’t even sip water.

“This is why I’ve been unable to work, thank you for all your lovely messages, I miss it so much and will be back as soon as I can!

“For today though we want to enjoy this, we’ve a long way to go but we cannot wait to meet you little one.”

Michelle has been with Sky Sports for the last five years as a live football reporter for Soccer Saturday and Soccer special and a reporter for Sky Sports News.

She also serves as a presenter on the Sky Sports News channel.

Previously Michelle worked for a number of years presenting on the radio, from NME to Capital FM.

Posted by on Saturday 18 May 2019
Posted in
Sky Sports F1 Logo

The 2024 Australian Grand Prix will take place this weekend. It will be held at the Albert Park Circuit in

Missing Thumbnail

Sky Sports has given viewers a tour of their new F1 studio. They will be using the Monday Night Football