Will John Kerry become US President?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Will John Kerry become US President?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  kev667 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Hello
    Participant
    #19688 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Will George Bush win a second term as US President or can Kerry win the election? Any thoughts anyone? <_< <_<

#19689 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

I don’t really care personally who wins, I am more worried about the sanity of the U.K. voting population voting out Blair and his anti British party.

I don’t understand why people from the U.K. bother with worrying about Israeli/Palestine and any other politics from around the world other than the U.K.

Lets get our own country in order before worrying about it.

Bush I think has packed his bags ready to leave Washington.

#19690 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Im just curious, not worried. Blairs turn at the election booth will come in due course. I just hope Bush loses. Kerry can’t be as bad as Bush was surely.

#19691 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

Nothing can be as bad as Bush in American politics. He is scum. he only invaded Iraq to try finish what his Dad could not do.

#19692 Reply

Hello
    Participant

If George Bush does lose the election then he will give quite a few impressionists/comedians a lot less work to do. They’d have to find someone else to talk about. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#19693 Reply

kev667
    Participant

In response to Hello’s comments (which I realise are said with a smirk..) ..Jon Stewart gave an interview to Ian Woods a while ago. Woods asked who he would prefer elected, as if Bush goes – he’ll have no one to take the pee out of.. He replied with something similar to …do you really believe I’m thinking about comedy value over the safety of my country and my sanity?

He was asked again on CNN’s Crossfire the other day – the answer this time was that if Kerry’s administration is as absurb as this one.. he’ll gladly take the mick in the same way they do to Bush.. although it’ll be tough for Prez Kerry et al to be quite so outrageous.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thed…withjonstewart/

Also available above is a great interview with right wing hawk fox presenter, Bill O Reilly. Funny funny. Anyone want the Crossfire interview, I have that too. byee.

…btw, I don’t work for CNN or anything, this isn’t an Ad.. I just like satire. Anyone else like anti bush satire then go here and take a look! On my recommendation. byee.

#19694 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

Hello+Oct 18 2004, 12:19 AM–>(Hello @ Oct 18 2004, 12:19 AM)
    If George Bush does lose the election then he will give quite a few impressionists/comedians a lot less work to do. They’d have to find someone else to talk about.

I don’t think comedians ever have any trouble finding politicians to take the P*** out of.

#19695 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Jon Stewart is a frickin’ genius. He’s going to find stuff to make fun of no matter what, and the Crossfire beatdown is already a classic.

And Bill O’Reilly is a f*cking nutcase. If you think he’s a bit off in that The Daily Show interview, wait ’til you see him on The O’Reilly Factor

I hope John Kerry wins. I fear for the safety of all of us if Bush gets re-elected, but it doesn’t look good right now.

Time to pack your bags and head for outer space, or something.

#19696 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Hey, Kristian, you mean the Hyperpower can’t reach outer space?!!! See you there. Plus the cat if that’s ok.

Seriously, I think Bush and his appalling cohorts Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld etc will all be back but really hope that I’m wrong. (My french teacher, poor bloke, is 50 and claims that if they win again, he’ll lose all his – considerable – longstanding faith in humanity; I’m off to buy him some good vin rouge in anticipation…it’s hard to understand the US voter, that’s for sure). The Bush administration, if re-elected, will menace Iran next, having already made the US more unpopular in the world than it has ever been, and played straight into the hands of the terrorist crowd – who certainly now don’t lack recruits either. That lot want the world split into two camps and Dubya’s certainly on that wavelength. I can’t remember a more dangerous world (nope, can’t remember 1961 if anyone’s cheeky enough to ask). And would Blair continue to cosy up to Bush if other M.E. states were menaced?

I get p**sed off at Ralph Nader. I understood why he stood last time. No-one thought Bush would be off to war with such alacrity…but to stand this time and split the anti Bush vote is unacceptable. Step no 1 to help the world out of this crazy mess has to be to get rid of those conservative, God-bothering, extreme right wing hawks and get some intelligence and sanity back into the White House.

Is Kerry any good? Who knows, but he can’t surely be as bad as this lot.

over and out….

#19697 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

eagleeye is also a genius.

(this means I agree with everything in the above post)

#19698 Reply

kev667
    Participant

I hear the NY Times has come out for Kerry.. ..the Chicago Sun Times, I believe came out for Bush – Chicago being a democrat town usually.

My main thrust is.. anyone know of any Murdoch papers declaring yet? Will they? Do they? ..it did make me laugh that Bill O Reilly said he was a geniune undecided still. oh rofl. ..but then again, maybe – if he’s waiting for instructions from King Rupe..?

Thoughts, all?
    ta
    ke
    v

PS – I agree with Kristian’s last comments & wholehearted agree with EE. (see DC thread!)

#19699 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

I truly hope he won’t be dancing at the White House for another four years, otherwise I’ll soon be walking to work because of all these oil price increases!

Dancing Bush
    (turn the speakers on)
    _______
    Tanya

#19700 Reply

Abby
    Participant

I have lived in the Middle East for quite a few years (I was here for the Gulf War in 1991), however I must say that this region has become so volatile and dangerous since George W Bush became president. As an expat worker, my life has change quite dramatically. There is huge anti-American feeling here. Most western expats are viewed as Americans so we have to make sure that the locals know we are not.

George Bush is despised here and I must confess that I connot disagree with this sentiment. As in a previous post, I too think he is probably the most dangerous man in the world today.

I have many American colleagues who very anti Bush. They tell me that in the States, the people do not realize how much their president is hated in the rest of the world. Many are oblivious to what is going on in the rest of the world anyway.

I also receive a number of American TV channels and they are very biased towards Bush and the Republican party. I too am concerned that the likes of Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Ridge et al are in such positions of power.

If there is a God, John Kerry will win. I have every relative back home praying and attending church, anything that will help Kerry win!

#19701 Reply

Hello
    Participant

When I see Bush and Blair I always think of an old classic. Anyone fancy a bit of Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie? Namely, Bush/Blair duet

#19702 Reply

kev667
    Participant

FAO: Kristian.. on C4 News tonite (its on now until – they have a package about The Daily Show and satire in the US. ..should be quite good.

..this is for the peeps who missed Ian Woods package on it a few weeks ago.

Thanks to Abby for her insightful views The biggest thing that will help normal people to lead normal lives in the ME is to see Bush voted out. It’s awful that people have to make it known, whereever they are in the world, that they are not american.. ..a kerry win is not going to lead to world peace and happyness.. but it’s the biggest gesture the US public can make.. here’s hoping.

Thx. Kev.

#19703 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

thanks for the duet and the Bush dance clips! Didn’t half cheer up an evening that.

Kevo, Murdoch’s papers are made from recycled Bush (sorry, baaad one, apologies :rolleyes: ) I hope Sky News isn’t?!

I hope God, IF He Exists, doesn’t get the blame for dimpled, pregnant or other deviant chads perpetrated by people who managed to ‘vote’ but not for the right candidate…. Story here on some poor people (hey, it’s a JOB! what am I saying) squinting at holes or non holes in those Florida ballot papers – you couldn’t make it up. It loses a lot in translation btw – a mere “badly perforated hole in the ballot paper” in French. <_ <

Apparently this time Florida’s voting has gone electronic. Muchos problemas – the PCs crashed. Many elderly folk never seen anything like a PC voting system before (hey, that could help Kerry?!). Lawyers been going to special classes to learn about the new voting system so they can get megarich when the result’s challenged!

May the Circus commence. Kerry’s got a good hairdo (quite JFK like) for the voting matrons. But….don’t hold your breath folks.

#19704 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

kevinjs667+Oct 19 2004, 08:19 PM–>(kevinjs667 @ Oct 19 2004, 08:19 PM)
    FAO: Kristian.. on C4 News tonite (its on now until – they have a package about The Daily Show and satire in the US. ..should be quite good.

Thanks, but I unfortunately I don’t have C4. I get by with just Sky News and the occasional CNN and CNBC…

I’ll just cherish the fact that The Daily Show is on Tuesday through Friday on Canal+

And another thanks to Abby for the insights. Very interesting.

#19705 Reply

Abby
    Participant

Thanks to Kevin(js667) and Kristian for your notes of appreciation. If anyone is intersted, I can give the occasional personal opinion of what, I believe, is the public opinion from the man-on-the-street in the Middle East. There are many nice people here (there are also many who are not so nice) and I have some very kind Arab colleagues.

Please, everyone, pray that Bush is voted out!!

Abby

#19706 Reply

DDP
    Participant

A Kerry Presidency, scares me considerably more than another 4 years of the current Bush Administrtion. Though I do think changes need to be made at the DOD, and I can’t stand John Ashcroft.

#19707 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

If you can take the time watch the series The Power of Nightmares on BBC2 – then you will really be scared just to see what lies in the thinking of the Neo-cons – rumsfeld, wolfewitz, cheney etc. and hence bush – it was, in my opinion one of the best programs i have see for years and it should be compulsory viewing for all americans before the election.

#19708 Reply

Yenolo
    Participant

I hope that Bush dosent get re-elected, as someone said before, he is the most dangerous man in the world today. His big mistake was invading Iraq, if he had just stuck with finding Bin Laden then things might have been different now but one has the feeling had just had to finish what his father didn’t in 1991.
    With any luck sanity will prevail and Kerry will get elected but I have a nasty feeling he won’t….

#19709 Reply

Abby
    Participant

I watched ‘Sunday with Adam Boulton’ from Boston today. I was very disturbed to realize that most of the Democrats he interviewed believe that Bush will win the election.

I was seriously unimpressed with the ex Boston Mayor, Ray Flynn. What an old fashioned, conservative …individual (can’t write what I really want to call him!). I can’t bear the way these people call themselves ‘Irish’ or ‘British’ just because their ancestors sailed over to America 300 years ago. Knowing the Irish as I do, they would be furious at having him claiming his Irishness.

I’m becoming very despondent at the thought of the outcome of this election, i.e., a Bush victory. I’m off to have a drink now! Can anyone seriously say Kerry has a chance? Please, give me something to cling to!!

#19710 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Abby love, better cling to a drink if no liferaft handy

Kerry has a chance – if the polls have got it wrong. Someone on telly in France suggested we all should have a vote as , as the pres of the world’s only hyperpower, whatever he does affects us all.

An American Kerry supporter ranted on about how Bush’s domestic policy had destroyed the middle class in the US….well, why are they going to vote for him then? Hmm.

#19711 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

eagleeye+Oct 25 2004, 06:32 PM–>(eagleeye @ Oct 25 2004, 06:32 PM)
    An American Kerry supporter ranted on about how Bush’s domestic policy had destroyed the middle class in the US….well, why are they going to vote for him then? Hmm.

They’re stupid. It’s that simple.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Will John Kerry become US President?
Your information: