Who should SNI appoint Chief Ireland Correspondent

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Who should SNI appoint Chief Ireland Correspondent

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tippguy 13 years ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

tippguy
    Participant
    #21263 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

SNI really needs a chief reporter or something in that line. we havent got anyone to cover health, crime, polotics etc. all these people are in the UK so we need someone who can cover them all for us.

#21264 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I certainly think Ray should be the chief news correspondant, I can see him taking over charlies job when or if he ever retires.

#21265 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

too obvious (+ uninspired) gentlemen!

Eibhl?n should be let fly on this!!

regards

trotsky

#21266 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Hi Trotsky

No bad ice pick jokes…maybe. How’s Lenin doing? Seen Stalin lately?
    sorry, I couldn’t resist. This has nothing to do with Sky Ireland. I’m sorry.

regards
    EE

#21267 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i just think eibhlin’s reporting is so un profissional. i tink shed make a better news assistant news presenter. Ray/ Brian Daly i think would be best. Still Charlie hinted a possible move from RT? on tuberty tonight last sat. nite. He said he has seen the same stories for the last 26 years and its the same stuff all the time. Imagine it ” Charlie Bird, Sky News, The High Court” Has a nice ring to it. Sky could do with a irish political reporter aswell. With all due respect to Alison Murphy she wasn’t great at it when ray & brian went on holidays.

#21268 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well if charlie bird has seen the same stories for the past 26 years, then I’m sure he WOULD NOT like to report them again on a dormant, ailing unprofessional, left-wing, hypocriotical, working class, unprofessional, biased, mistake making unbelieveable shitty news service like Sky News IRELAND.

– I’m sorry but someone has to stick up here. What charlie may have meant was that he’d rather go to foreign affairs, RTE are going to the trouble spots now, they’ve adopted a lot of sky news technques and ahve improved enormously. Sky News Ireland is now in single digit thousand ratings (that means less than 10 thousand) – why would he want to go there?

I’m sorry but SNI is failing because of the dickheads in the office upstairs. 24 hour news netork and the won’t do continuous coverage in the vevnings, they continue to make slip ups, dozens of editorial mistakes, and they’re still only reporting mon-frid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – Sky News should make ME their head of News Ireland. ME – with absolutely no experience or qualifications on how to run a news service, and I believe whole-heartedly that I’d do a better job than whatever gobshit they have have there at the moment – and if he doesn’t get his act together I’m sure he’ll get sacked soon.

#21269 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

Maybe a little reality check here people!

Where are SKY going to find enough stories to do, rolling, continuous news in the evenings?

Where are SKY going to get the resources to do this?

What would be the point when traditionally most households it would seem are watching soaps etc during TV prime-time?

I agree with you people that what is being put out at the moment is pretty dire, but let’s wait and see what happens in the new year when they hire the extra reporters and staff.

And before anyone says that RTE can produce an hour at six do please remember the size of the staff in the RTE newsroom, it’s a multiple multiple of what SKY News Ireland has.

Rant complete………………..for now!

#21270 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Where are SKY going to find enough stories to do, rolling, continuous news in the evenings?

They are always failing to end their bulletins on time because they have more to cover – notice they frequently get cut off before grainne can say oiche mhaith.

Where are SKY going to get the resources to do this?

We’re thinking of thw wrong Sky here, I’m referring to Sky News, the big 24/7 news network owned my the Multi-Billionaire and global medi tycoon Rupert Murdoch. – 62 Euro a month isn’t it? Sky Digitals top package for Ireland? On top of the fact that all adverts on Sky TV in Ireland are seperate Irish ads, generating extra income wink wink.

What would be the point when traditionally most households it would seem are watching soaps etc during TV prime-time?

Thank you for aggreeing with me, so whats the point in having ithe first ione at 7 when Emmerdale is on TV3, Nationwide on RTE1, Student lovable programme on most of the other channels, see what I mean – so why not start at 5 and end at 10. They can do the news on the half hour if they don’t ahve enough stories. – its a 24/7 news channel – if they do put on continuous news, there not going to show it in place of our favourte TV shows, because they are on the other channels. Of course there is room for it- both tv3 and rte have 3 bulletins in the evening time, TG4 even have a bulletin that at this stage likely gets more ratings than SNI – lets not forget that even if you want to accept this mick -mous two half our bulletins in the evening thing – there isn’t any on the weekend!!! – you have to watch the competition on saturday and sundays!!! – so whats the point in bothering to watch SNI?

#21271 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

Well i think you are forgetting where tv3 getting their soaps from. snuk have to put up with itv & bbc’s soaps so if they can ten so can we.

#21272 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i didn’t realise it at the time of staring this fourm but apperantly sni already have a chief ireland correspondant. its ray kennady. the irish examiner quotes on feburary 9th 2004

Ray Kennedy will have the title of Ireland correspondent

. the full article is at http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2004/…ry389132562.asp if anyone’s interested.

#21273 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Are you sure that doesn’t mean he is Sky in generals Ireland correspondant – notice that whenever Sky UK go LIVE to Dublin, they usually speak to Ray.

#21274 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I Think that Sky News Ireland shoud appoint Gary Honeyford as SNI Chief Correspondent because for may years for Sky News Gary has covered the majority of reports, including the 1998 Omagh Bomb. I would like to point out that it was Gary Honeyford covered this news story, for which his reports were nomiated for an RTS Award were he was highly commened

#21275 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

gary is a good corespondant when he decides to work. he usually leaves david blevins and liam craigh all the work but now that david is in washington he has to do a bit. but gary doesnt report from kerry, cork, waterford, tipperary, etc. You see it was a Ireland corespondant I wanted your views on not just a northern ireland corespondant. Its obvious he already is that as liam craigh is back to a reporter and david is in the usa. I no Gary reported a bit in southern Ireland before sni started but you could count on one hand the number of times gary has reported in the south of Ireland. The Omagh Bomb was a norther Ireland story thats why it was nomiated for an RTS Award.

#21276 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I would like to point out that Liam Creagh is actually a freelance reporter. He owns his own company called Red Box Media Productions. I have spent some time at Sky News bureau in Belfast and would like to point out that there are always stories in Belfast. But these are of no or little intrest to Sky News England.

#21277 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Isn’t he a Sky Corresponent?

#21278 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

no hes a reporter again. either sky made a mistake in calling him a corespondant or it was a very quick demotion. i think he should be promoted. he does way more reporting than gary honeford.

#21279 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I’m fairly sure he’s a correspondent. When the real Sky News shows a Liam Creigh report, they have him down as a correspodent! – unless I am mistaking.

#21280 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i don’t know hes down not on the correspondants list anyway on skypressoffice.co.uk but that hasn’t been updated in a while. is he still appering as a correspondant?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Who should SNI appoint Chief Ireland Correspondent
Your information: