Where’s Martin Brundle? Makes racing return at Le Mans 2016, Misses European GP

Sky Sports F The F Show  Preview

Having missed last week’s Canadian Grand Prix due to illness, Sky Sports F1 will once again be without Martin Brundle for this weekend’s European Grand Prix.

The co-commentator is taking part in this weekend’s Le Mans support race – driving the United Autosports LMP3.

The car is the one usually raced by Brundle’s son Alex in the European Le Mans Series in which it won the opening round at Silverstone in April.

“This golden opportunity allows me to drive the full Le Mans circuit again in a Prototype racecar,” said Brundle.

“It’s always such a pleasure and privilege to drive that magnificent circuit, so I grabbed the opportunity to rejoin United Autosports, after our last successful adventure in the 2011 Daytona 24 hours, and along with our longstanding sponsor Richard Mille, to once again race a Ligier.

“At 57 years of age I consider this a wonderful and unexpected bonus.”

Martin will be back on Sky Sports F1 for the Austrian Grand Prix on 1-3 July 2016.

Posted by on Friday 17 June 2016
NFL Logo

Peacock will be the exclusive home of the NFL’s first-ever regular-season game in Brazil. It will take place in week

England Channe

Channel 4 will broadcast live International football this evening. England host Belgium in a friendly at Wembley Stadium, as Gareth

Copy link