Andrea Mitchell has Breast Cancer

NBC’s [[Andrea Mitchell]] today told viewers she is battling breast cancer.

At the end of her show, Andrea said: “On a personal note, or how I spent my summer vacation, I had planned to be hiking in Wyoming last week but instead discovered that I am now among the one in eight women – incredibly, one in eight – who’ve had breast cancer.”

She also said her doctor caught the cancer in its “earliest stages,” that it “has not spread” and that she has a “terrific prognosis.”

Mitchell then urged females to get tested and checked for breast cancer, saying: “For you women out there and for the men who love you, screening matters. Do it. This disease can be completely curable if you find it at the right time.”

Mitchell has been NBC’s Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent since November 1994 after serving a year as Chief White House Correspondent.

She is married to former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan.

Posted by on Wednesday 7 September 2011
Posted in
Keir Simmons on Sky News

Former ITV News reporter Keir Simmons appeared on Sky News over the weekend. He was reporting from Moscow on the

Kasie Hunt on CNN

CNN are to make changes to their morning schedule, according to reports. Poppy Harlow and Phil Mattingly, presenters of CNN

Julia Chatterley on CNN

First Move with Julia Chatterley will return to CNN International this month. The programme – with a new look, new

Copy link