Weeknights with Martin Stanford

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Weeknights with Martin Stanford

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #31141 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

skynewspanel+–>(skynewspanel)
    Sky News is launching a new evening news show in July, in which members of the public can take part by phone, by webcam and by 3G mobile. We will be sending out a daily email which will let people know what subjects are coming up that evening.

#31142 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:

skynewspanel+–>(skynewspanel)
    Sky News is launching a new evening news show in July, in which members of the public can take part by phone, by webcam and by 3G mobile. We will be sending out a daily email which will let people know what subjects are coming up that evening.

So we?re going to get about 100 reminders a day telling us about the new programme and how to contact it. Great.

#31143 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

A Email from Martin Stanford reads:

Hello, this is Martin Stanford with news of a new mid-evening programme for Sky News.

From next Monday, 10th July, I will be anchoring a new look to evenings here at Sky and I welcome your contributions to the programme.

From 8pm each weeknight I’ll be here with two hours of news and conversation. There will be all the elements you expect from Sky News: live reports on the people and places making the news each day and interviews with the key newsmakers and experts.

But this show will be going further to include your experiences and your reaction to the stories we cover. For several years our daytime shows have encouraged you to send us comments by email or text message. For my new show we are going to take that a bit further. We will be inviting some of our viewers to join us by their 3G video mobile or webcam to add their thoughts to the topic under discussion and to put their questions to the key decision makers.

To take part, you can stick to the usual email address (news@sky.com) or text number (84501) but let us have your videomobile number or your user name for your webcam service and we will contact you.

We want you to take an active part in breaking news, by breaking the news that you see and telling us all about it.

I?ll also be keeping in touch with you during the programme. I?ll be updating our programme?s page on the Sky News web site and you?ll be able to contribute there too.

Plus, on Sky News active, you?ll be able to see exactly what is going on in the studio via camera 11, which will be live throughout the programme – even during commercial breaks.

I hope you can join me on Monday at 8pm!

Martin

#31144 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Can’t Camera 11 be standard for all shows? Would be intresting…..

#31145 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Martin Stanford, not been harsh but I dont think its fair how he has his own shown weekdays between 8pm and 10pm, at the end of the day he will be working 6 days a week, and no wonder we dont see the other presenters like Allan King, Emma Crosby & Paula Middllehurst apart from weekends, & Gillian Joseph starting at 10pm until 12am waste of time. The schedule should have been 8pm until 12am, with various presenters back in the olden days

#31146 Reply

calciofan
    Participant

Sounds ok. But i’ll have to watch before a judgement.

Hopefully they don’t fill it up with ‘contact us’ promts and use active.

#31147 Reply

calciofan
    Participant

An ad for the new Martin Stanford show this evening was just on during the Live at Five commercial break (5.30pm).

#31148 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

New graphics on Stanford’s new show:

[attachmentid=303]

[attachmentid=304]

#31149 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

[attachmentid=305]

[attachmentid=306]

[attachmentid=307]

[attachmentid=308]

[attachmentid=309]

#31150 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

I think its alright, but is it only Martin who has new graphics for his show.

#31151 Reply

philg
    Participant

Just a word to say that Technofile will be back from late September, on Tuesday and Thursday nights in Martin’s show, looking forward to it!

#31152 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

The Martin Stanford show has a new email address: stanfordshow@yahoo.co.uk. I found this quite strange, why not use a @sky.com or @bskyb.com email address…

[attachmentid=366]

#31153 Reply

bbriscoe
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:The Martin Stanford show has a new email address: stanfordshow@yahoo.co.uk. I found this quite strange, why not use a @sky.com or @bskyb.com email address…

[attachmentid=366]

Martin said that there was a problem with the email servers for news@sky.com so just for tonight they set up this yahoo address.

#31154 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Tim Marshall is presenting tonight’s show..

#31155 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Sky News Website;

The Future Of Phones

Updated: 20:45, Tuesday October 17, 2006

Sky News’ evening presenter Martin Stanford is in South Korea, learning about the future of mobile phone technology.

South Korea is a country with few natural resources of its own, save its people, he writes.

And that is why, according to Dr Woo Park, technology companies have thrived here, using the high standards of education to maintain its position at the forefront of the development of communications.

Dr Moon Park is a senior manager at the Korean office of Qualcomm, an American firm responsible for most of the chips and other electronics that go into many of the mobile phones already in use today.

He told me that both the handset manufacturers and the service providers here are facing an uphill challenge in making money out of the mobile phone.

For a start almost everyone has one – well, eight out of 10 do anyway. And they all change them at least once every year. So where do you go to make sure your profits continue to grow?

The answer would seem to be two pronged. They invent a phenomenal number of handsets here: handsets specifically made to target very narrow niche markets; designer phones; phone best at playing music; phones with stupendously good cameras in them.

And then they offer a majestic portfolio of things to do with the phone – apart from making calls.

The most dramatic of these has to be the latest range of TV enabled phones.

Korean broadcasters – both terrestrial and satellite – make their programmes available over the air, or if the user prefers they can stream it over their chosen network.

Now, anyone in Europe who has seen this sort of thing normally complains that the picture is too dim or too blocky – not this stuff I can assure you. The screen is the highest quality, and the picture pin sharp. You can easily read even the most complicated captions on a news or sports channel, for instance.

Now this sort of thing is heading our way – with the news that Vodaphone are putting six new phones to market before Christmas – and many will have this sort of functionality built in.

Later this week, we are travelling to Tokyo to see the latest mobile technology there. Technofile will come live from Tokyo on Thursday night. See you then.

#31156 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I found some old pictures of Martin Stanford:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Weeknights with Martin Stanford
Your information: