We are American

Forums Forums TV Newsroom We are American

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mick 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

caseymorris
    Participant
    #26954 Reply

caseymorris
    Participant

This morning’s headlines started with the Labour party conference and then went on to Hurricane Rita.

When the Rita article finished, Paula Middlehurst said “and some international news now” Surely the Rita story was international news or are Sky blurring their relationship with Fox? (as they have always done but taking it one step futher).

#26955 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

I don’t think Sky News ‘blur’ their relationship with FOX News. Name one similarity.

#26956 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

Hurrican Rita may have happened in the US and it is an international story but there are alot of europeans in the effected areas and people here want to know how there friends and family are.

#26957 Reply

HBox
    Participant

caseymorris+Sep 25 2005, 01:35 PM–>(caseymorris @ Sep 25 2005, 01:35 PM)
    This morning’s headlines started with the Labour party conference and then went on to Hurricane Rita.

When the Rita article finished, Paula Middlehurst said “and some international news now” Surely the Rita story was international news or are Sky blurring their relationship with Fox? (as they have always done but taking it one step futher).

I have to say I think you are overeacting a little. Hurricane Rita is considered a main news story, and therefor seperate to other ‘international’ news. Even so, it’s really not worth complaining about.

#26958 Reply

caseymorris
    Participant

I Wasn’t complaining – it was an observation. It just struck me as odd. To then go on to a story about Baghdad – where our soldiers are.

#26959 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I’m Canadian actually! But I know what you mean, but I guess it is like what tippguy said.

#26960 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

tippguy+Sep 26 2005, 12:58 AM–>(tippguy @ Sep 26 2005, 12:58 AM)
    Hurrican Rita may have happened in the US and it is an international story but there are alot of europeans in the effected areas and people here want to know how there friends and family are.

I believe 60,000 UK Citizens were in the area… apparantly.

Its more than your every day international story, as it has economic consequences for all of us – being Petrol/Oil prices and the affect they have on economies.

I dont know whether this is such an issue in the UK, but here in Australia, far too often the US President is referred to as “The President” like he has some power here.

I wish they referred to him as the US President – its much more professional.

#26961 Reply

sammy
    Participant

tiger woods skewin a tee shot and askin the wind 2 blow it back in
    ewen murray said even hurricane rita wont blow that 1 back lol

#26962 Reply

Mick
    Participant

Nobody knows anything apart from me and some people I know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: We are American
Your information: