Too Much Sport On Sky News

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Too Much Sport On Sky News

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  daved2424 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

dseward
    Participant
    #18702 Reply

dseward
    Participant

I think that there is too much sport on Sky News. I would like to see more of this time dedicated to more in-depth analysis of the news stories and more business news. What does everyone think?

#18703 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I don’t think there is too much sport on Sky News, however I don’t want to see more of it, it is about just right.

#18704 Reply

dseward
    Participant

I think if people want to watch sport, go onto Sky Sports News.

#18705 Reply

bbriscoe
    Participant

I think the sports news at 20 past the hour and the bulletin just before the hour is good, however sportsline after Sky News at Ten is too long. Sport is an important part of a news round up, but if people want it as in depth as sportsline gives it then surely they could just switch over to Sky Sports News..?

#18706 Reply

dseward
    Participant

I agree – i think 10 mins in every hour is more than enough

#18707 Reply

Easty
    Participant

I think there is too much sport. I think they use their Sky Sports News resources too much.

#18708 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I would love to see a longer business news at say 10minutes to the hour……in my opinion 10mins of every hour from 20past until half past of sport is more than enough.

I always switch off sportsline!

#18709 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Newsroom+Aug 19 2004, 08:56 PM–>(Newsroom @ Aug 19 2004, 08:56 PM)
    I would love to see a longer business news at say 10minutes to the hour……in my opinion 10mins of every hour from 20past until half past of sport is more than enough.

I always switch off sportsline!

I have to agree. Wilson and the Fosters are an ace market time and would do a good job if given schedules. Rather than just random interludes to fill gaps.

#18710 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Sky Sports News and Sky News’ sports bullitens are 2 different products. Sky News gives a round-up of most sports news in under 10 minutes. Sky Sports News, on the other hand, provides a stretched out service focusing heavily on footy.

#18711 Reply

HBox
    Participant

They should bring back a regular 30 minute buisiness programme like they used to have, before they scrapped their unique programming for generic, repetative rolling news presentation.

I also never watch sportsline. If they are going to do an in depth sports programme, perhaps they should broadcast from the Sky Sports studios instead, a change in scenery would be nice (not everything presented from the same news desk).

#18712 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I do think that there is too much sports news on Sky News BUT I do not think they should reduce it.

Sky is mass media and the golden rule of mass media is “give the people what they want”! –

– I’m not big into sports or football or any of that sort of stuff but it appears that the majority of people in the British Isles anyway, are interested in sport and I’m sure that is why there is so much sports news on Sky news. – If thats what people wnat, long may it continue.

#18713 Reply

AJ
    Participant

In fairness, Sky do drop the sport in favour of news when necessary, but I do agree that they do overplay it a tad too much.

I think that Sky should go back to the original programmes. Your Call, Technofile, and Money were good programmes.

#18714 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

I would tend to agree, there is too much, but simply switching over to SSN isn’t quite the same as it’s 90% borring football at least.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Too Much Sport On Sky News
Your information: