Tonga & New Zealand on Tsunami Alert

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Tonga & New Zealand on Tsunami Alert

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  gsf 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #30003 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

U.S. Geological Survey: 8.1m earthquake hits under the ocean off Tonga.

Jeremy Thompson breaks the news on Live at Five. Nothing on the BBC yet. No Ident on Sky News at 6pm…

Tsunami could hit Fiji at 18:13 BST

Sky have interviewed about 3-4 experts so far.

#30004 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Ben Brown giving good coverage on News 24. One of the examples that shows they need a rolling service during the 6 bulletin. Is Sportsline cancelled?

#30005 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I tuned in to BBC World when I came home from work this morning and I saw Nik Gowing talking with someone who knows quite a bit about the tsunami. That’s horrible that this going to happen. BBC World has excellent coverage about this. The business and Sports programs where interrupted just to bring this breaking news story to use viewers.

#30006 Reply

philg
    Participant

The alert is over now, no tsunamis. Sportsline was interrupted now and then for updates, but not cancelled. Much better coverage from Sky, as News 24 couldn’t cover it from 6-6.30, when the seriousness became clear. My brother lives in New Zealand, so it was a bit worrying for a while, glad I didnt call him and wake them all up!

#30007 Reply

gsf
    Participant

philg wrote: My brother lives in New Zealand, so it was a bit worrying for a while, glad I didnt call him and wake them all up!

Much better to risk him getting drowned in a tsunami than wake him up. If there was a tsunami coming I personally would prefer a wake up call.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Tonga & New Zealand on Tsunami Alert
Your information: