The use of Speed Cameras

Forums Forums TV Newsroom The use of Speed Cameras

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  crazyfj 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

steve
    Participant
    #24647 Reply

steve
    Participant

[FONT=Arial]
    Today would be a great fresh start if people on the roads would drive slower and at the lawful limit. I know to be honest most do not because they think being caught will never happen. So instead of the police having to monitor drivers who cannot monitor their own speed, let technology be used to do so (Speed Cameras). The money raised from the cameras to go to the police for more equipement and officers, who in turn can catch drivers who drink, dangerous drivers and ones with no tax, mot or insurance.
    If fines and sentences are high then drivers will think again about their speed. I wish this was the case last year, as my son Marcus, friends Toby & Kate Beasley would still be here today with me.
    Yesterday was the inquest into the A23 road crash near Brighton where eight people died and only I survived.
    Thank you for reading this Steve Mohabir farther to Marcus George Mohabir.
    If you do need to see pictures of what happens when two cars crash, check out the argos newspaper website. If thoughts pictures where on the side and on the central reservation of roads, I think most people would slow down it works in New Zealand. The photo is of Marcus’s grave, the digger we used on Brighton beach and part of Nemo’s book was what I was reading to him when the Black BMW hit our car.

#24648 Reply

Steven
    Participant

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/news/NEWS1.html

This is, without doubt, extremely tragic. My heart goes out to you, I’m sure many members of this forum would echo those thoughts. Naturally, there is nothing I can say that would make you feel any better.
    With regards to your comments on the speed camera issue I couldn’t agree more. This simplist way to avoid speed cameras is to not speed. Why does the argument ever extend beyond that point?

#24649 Reply

dsgono
    Participant

Steven+Apr 14 2005, 07:38 PM–>(Steven @ Apr 14 2005, 07:38 PM)
    “This simplist way to avoid speed cameras is to not speed.  Why does the argument ever extend beyond that point?”

I think there should just be mandatory speed limiters in all cars which guarantee safe speed.

#24650 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

dsgono+Apr 15 2005, 02:31 PM–>(dsgono @ Apr 15 2005, 02:31 PM)

“This simplist way to avoid speed cameras is to not speed.? Why does the argument ever extend beyond that point?”

I think its because so many people speed and think its ok for them to do it because “they’re in control.” Until of course a car pulls out in front of them and they can’t stop in time and someone gets killed. Speed kills, but apparently speeding motorists aren’t “real” criminals according to the daily mail et al.

#24651 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/news/NEWS1.html

This is, without doubt, extremely tragic. My heart goes out to you, I’m sure many members of this forum would echo those thoughts. Naturally, there is nothing I can say that would make you feel any better.
    With regards to your comments on the speed camera issue I couldn’t agree more. This simplist way to avoid speed cameras is to not speed. Why does the argument ever extend beyond that point?

I understand your point Steve, but sadly where I live, many drivers know where the speed cameras are. Therefore they slow down at those points but increase there speed once pass them.

I do think there should be more police on the road (and walking the streets). Hopefully the funds from the cameras can go towards this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: The use of Speed Cameras
Your information: