The Colour of Sky News

Forums Forums TV Newsroom The Colour of Sky News

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  HBox 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Nong
    Participant
    #25531 Reply

Nong
    Participant

Hi, I was just wondering what colour you think Sky News should adopt (if different than the current scheme) when they re-launch, or what colours you would like them to use. Above are some choices, or you can post your own.

Cheers.

#25532 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I hope Sky News include to true Sky corporate logo within their new logo, with the raised ‘K’.

#25533 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i’d use the new sky log with the old sky graphics like below

#25534 Reply

Nong
    Participant

I hope Sky News use a slightly less bright colour scheme, perhaps a slightly darker shade of the same colours.

The current colour scheme hurts my eyes.

#25535 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I agree with you Nog. Perhaps Blue, Red and Black (with a little white). Although, I don’t know why, but I think it would be quite interesting to have Red, Orange and Black. Although I don’t thnk that would last, I would get bored of that pretty quickly; maybe for a Sky Business News channel.

#25536 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I quite like the layout of tip guy’s offering.

I quite fancy purple and red though. The purple would be quite similar to five news, with a red and white contrast. I hope that they don’t change the image too much though.

Will the globe and satelitte image of British Isles still feature in the new look?

#25537 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

HBox+Jun 25 2005, 06:57 PM–>(HBox @ Jun 25 2005, 06:57 PM)
    I hope Sky News include to true Sky corporate logo within their new logo, with the raised ‘K’.

I agree – the current logo for sky should be used here.

#25538 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

ya i taught the five news purple would of been nice but sky always like to be different. i think black is too dull. just look at fox and thats still only dark blue. i think they need to keep Ireland & England in their openings but they should change the format. deffinetly think they need to adapt the ‘K’

#25539 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

tippguy+Jun 26 2005, 11:02 PM–>(tippguy @ Jun 26 2005, 11:02 PM)
    ya i taught the five news purple would of been nice but sky always like to be different. i think black is too dull. just look at fox and thats still only dark blue. i think they need to keep Ireland & England in their openings but they should change the format. deffinetly think they need to adapt the ‘K’

Yeah I am not keen on black. I wonder if they’ll do a CNN and supersize the fonts on graphics?

Forgive my ignorance here – but what do you mean Ireland and England??

Do you mean Ireland and the UK?

I am Scottish.

:huh:

#25540 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I hope they don’t supersize the fonts and graphics, the fonts are big enough as they are.
    Hopefully they will adopt, sleek, slick and elegant graphics. With their own style of course.

#25541 Reply

Ornsack
    Participant

I like the old use of gradients and what not. All the news channels in the UK these days use flat colours that make it look like they were churned out of an Atari ST computer or something

#25542 Reply

DDP
    Participant

I don’t really care as long as the idents are small and unobtrusive, and it doesn’t appear as the presenters are trying to look over a fence due to the clutter of tickers and miscellaneous crap. Maybe, if anything a less harsh red in banners, as it looks a little too warm when I make caps.

#25543 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Ornsack+Jun 28 2005, 02:14 AM–>(Ornsack @ Jun 28 2005, 02:14 AM)
    I like the old use of gradients and what not. All the news channels in the UK these days use flat colours that make it look like they were churned out of an Atari ST computer or something

Yeah, I know what you mean.

#25544 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

I voted Red and White because…well as I said on here previously – that’s what the colours are going to be!!!

Oh and I think you can take it the corporate ‘sky’ will be adapted

#25545 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i hope they dont keep the part of the graphic that tells you what the reports about. half the time it doesnt make sence anyway. a sky logo or somthing would be better.

[I]sorry dirkyt ya i ment Ireland & UK. Us Irish just hate been described as a British Isle. Guess it must be the same for ye.

#25546 Reply

HBox
    Participant

What shade of red? Dark, mid or bright?

#25547 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

tippguy+Jun 28 2005, 11:54 PM–>(tippguy @ Jun 28 2005, 11:54 PM)
    Us Irish just hate been described as a British Isle.

Technically, all of those Irish and British islands are collectively known as the British Isles. Little unfair I know, but I think it’s historic.

#25548 Reply

HBox
    Participant

daved2424+Jun 30 2005, 10:52 AM–>(daved2424 @ Jun 30 2005, 10:52 AM)

Technically, all of those Irish and British islands are collectively known as the British Isles. Little unfair I know, but I think it’s historic.

Yes, this is correct.

#25549 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

HBox+Jun 30 2005, 06:22 PM–>(HBox @ Jun 30 2005, 06:22 PM)

daved2424+Jun 30 2005, 10:52 AM–>(daved2424 @ Jun 30 2005, 10:52 AM)

Yes, this is correct.

That’s incorrected, the term British Isles inclusive of Eire is a relatively recent thing.

#25550 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

i hope they dont keep the part of the graphic that tells you what the reports about. half the time it doesnt make sence anyway. a sky logo or somthing would be better.

[I]sorry dirkyt ya i ment Ireland & UK. Us Irish just hate been described as a British Isle. Guess it must be the same for ye.

Sorry mate – was having a BAD day!!

The other channels are much of a muchness when it comes to the layout of graphics, tickers and such. I hope SKY will be original and not have too much (remember BBC Breakfast when it relaunched in 2001 – with Moira fighting it out with other wee boxes) That did not prove popular at all! Bloomberg as well just appears too cluttered (God – I sound like Anne Maurice now)

Hopefully SKY will not repeat such errors in judgement.

#25551 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I would like a nice ‘clutter-free’ screen with nice slick graphics, perhaps with a certain amount of transparancy to them (as used in previous years).

And nothing too bright or harsh either (like the current batch which unfortunately reminds me of the Sun newspaper).

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: The Colour of Sky News
Your information: