Steve Scott Joins ITV West

ITV news presenter Steve Scott is joining ITV West News.

He’ll be the new male face of The West Tonight, presenting alongside former Sky News presenter Lisa Aziz on Mondays to Thursdays.

On Fridays he’ll keep his existing role as co-presenter for the ITV News at Six Thirty.

Steve joined HTV West, as the station was then known, as industrial reporter in 1988 from independent local radio station GWR. During his time at HTV West, Steve reported and presented for both News and Current Affairs programmes.

In 1993 he was appointed West of England Reporter for ITN, then he became North of England correspondent and in 1995 was appointed ITN’s Africa correspondent, bringing reports from some of the continent’s most dangerous trouble-spots including Rwanda, DR Congo (then Zaire) and Zimbabwe.

In 1998 he returned to Britain where, after a few years at Channel 5 he rejoined ITN as a regular face on the ITN News Channel. He was soon presenting all bulletins on ITV1.

Lisa Aziz said: “Steve and I started at HTV more years than I want to admit ago and we always got on really well. I’m thrilled he is returning and can’t wait to begin presenting with him.”

Posted by on Tuesday 28 February 2006
Missing Thumbnail

To pastures new in London, leaving the ITV West Country sofa, @IanAxton and a great team. Happy memories. — Vanessa

ITV West The West Country Tonight

Vanessa Cuddeford presented her last programme with Ian Axton tonight before she goes on maternity leave this Friday. Ian will

.jpg

ITV’s Regional news replacement for The West Tonight and WestCountry Live, will broadcast at 6pm every weeknight from Monday 16th