Bianca Westwood gone from Sky Sports Soccer Saturday

Bianca Westwood Sky Sports

Sky Sports Soccer Saturday reporter Bianca Westwood has confirmed she has left the network.

“A bit like when I did my first match report, I didn’t want to make a fuss but I’ve had SO many messages & questions about where I’ll be today I thought I might as well let you know,” Westwood posted on Instagram.

“I haven’t quite made enough money to retire unfortunately, but I am retiring from Sky Sports & Soccer Saturday. It’s been a phenomenal 22 & a half years & I’ve been a small part of building the channel into the giant of broadcasting it is today.

“What a ride! Being the first female match reporter on Soccer Saturday is something I’m immensely proud of & that can never be taken away from me. I’ve covered hundreds & hundreds of games, I’ve interviewed hundreds of players & managers. I’ve watched hours & hours of football. Years of experience (I said what I said!) that will live with me forever.

“For the most part, it’s been a blast. I’m grateful to you the viewers for watching over the years & for all your support. To those I’ve worked with who’ve been a big part of my life at Sky, you know who you are, thanks for the memories.

“On to the next chapter. Buzzing for it”

Her fellow reporter Dickie Davis also announced he won’t be returning to Sky Sports this season.

The pair join Martin Tyler, Geoff Shreeves and Jeff Stelling, who have also left Sky Sports.

But a new era of Soccer Saturday starts today with Simon Thomas as the new host and former referee Mike Dean joins the panel.

Posted by on Saturday 5 August 2023
Posted in
Sky Sports F1 Logo

The 2024 Australian Grand Prix will take place this weekend. It will be held at the Albert Park Circuit in

Missing Thumbnail

Sky Sports has given viewers a tour of their new F1 studio. They will be using the Monday Night Football