So predictable……..

Forums Forums TV Newsroom So predictable……..

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sammy 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rob237
    Participant
    #23669 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Couldn’t help but notice how the SN snowfall coverage increases relative to it’s impending approach to the South-East!

Blocked Aberdeenshire roads and a Northumbrian death hardly merited a mention.

‘National’ TV, or what?

#23670 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

Ah yes…was it last year when it snowed in London and that meant the ‘whole country’ was at a standstill?

And again, this year all I can say at the moment is, “what snow”? Apart from a few very brief snatches of sleet, it’s been blue skies and sunshine today. Yet I keep being told the East Midlands is going to be hit hard. I’ve been waiting two days now. Oh well, maybe tomorrow? (:rolleyes: and expects to be snowed in tomorrow morning now…)

#23671 Reply

Seamus
    Participant

England…. Stabilised by the Gulf Stream, you get a far better deal than any other countries on the same lattitude. Just take Denmark, for example. It has been snowing here for over a week, and well below zero, but because the society functions the roads and paths (foot AND cycle) are instantly and continuously cleared. Simple. No dramas. No hyperbole. I called the train company last week during the worst of the snow to check the state of the trains from Jutland to Copenhagen, and the voice on the other end apologised that ONE train had indeed been delayed that day, by 15 minutes!!! 15 MINUTES!!!!!

You NEED those Olympics, badly!!!!

#23672 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Seamus+Feb 22 2005, 04:35 PM–>(Seamus @ Feb 22 2005, 04:35 PM)

You NEED those Olympics, badly!!!!

Apparently several of the 16 IOC assessors (what a scruffy looking bunch!) were impressed by London’s excellent rail service to Paris, for the Olympic Games :rolleyes:

Seb Coe signed up to play Uriah Heep in the forthcoming National Theatre ‘Charles Dickens Season’.

#23673 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

rob237+Feb 22 2005, 10:28 PM–>(rob237 @ Feb 22 2005, 10:28 PM)
    Couldn’t help but notice how the SN snowfall coverage increases relative to it’s impending approach to the South-East!

Blocked Aberdeenshire roads and a Northumbrian death hardly merited a mention.

‘National’ TV, or what?

Given the majority of the county lives in the south-east of course that will happen.

#23674 Reply

sammy
    Participant

the irishman who only wore 1 wellington boot ……… he heard there was only 1 foot of snow ! :rolleyes:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: So predictable……..
Your information: