Eamonn Holmes signs three-year deal with Sky News

TVNR    hms

[[Eamonn Holmes]] has signed a three-year deal that will see him continue as host of Sky News’ breakfast show, Sunrise.

The deal puts an end to speculation that he might make a move to ITV Daybreak, to replace recently axed [[Adrian Chiles]].

Eamonn joined Sky News from GMTV in October 2005 to host the new look Sunrise alongside [[Lorna Dunkley]]. He now presents the show with [[Charlotte Hawkins]], sports presenter [[Jacquie Beltrao]] and weather presenters [[Isobel Lang]] and [[Nazaneen Ghaffar]].

“I’ve had a really fulfilling six years at Sky News,” said Eamonn.

“I have a tremendous team on Sunrise and we know from our audience feedback that people enjoy starting their day with the way we deliver the news. I look forward to helping to grow our morning audience and for those who haven’t given us a try, all I can say is “Switch to Sky”.”

John Ryley, Head of Sky News, said: “Eamonn and his Sunrise team are a favourite with our viewers. The show has consistently high ratings and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching it develop over the last six years. Eamonn is a true pro and will continue to present Sunrise with wit and flair.”

Since Eamonn joined Sky News in 2005, Sunrise has seen viewing figures grow by 140%.

Posted by on Thursday 24 November 2011
Posted in
The Daily Climate Show Sky News Presentation

Sky News aired its final Climate Show this weekend. Presenter Tom Heap said at the end of this week’s programme:

Wilfred Frost Sky News

Sky News presenter Wilf Frost is heading back to CNBC. He’ll return to New York City for 4 weeks per

Friday Night with Niall Paterson Sky News Promo

Friday Night with Niall Paterson has been cancelled for this week following the news that Catherine, Princess of Wales, is

Copy link