Sky Sports Website and Sky Sports Changes

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky Sports Website and Sky Sports Changes

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bouncebackability 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Jason1970
    Participant
    #35039 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

Sky Sports website has been updated.

What do u people think?

#35040 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Looks good. Not sure if i like the logo yet…

Sky Sports News is apparently getting a new look this weekend.

#35041 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

they changed the white on screen Sky Sports Logo a few months back and gradually started changing the coloured logo on adverts too.

not sure about it yet though, but it will probably grow on me.

#35042 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:Looks good. Not sure if i like the logo yet…

They have moved round in the studio already and have a better quality picture to before

#35043 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Sky Sports News gets an overhaul this weekend, and there’ll be brand new Sky Sports football graphics on display from Sunday’s Community Shield.

#35044 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:

Johnnie wrote:Looks good. Not sure if i like the logo yet…

They have moved round in the studio already and have a better quality picture to before

they’re in a temp studio (with a video screen with a looped background of the old newsroom) while their new one is built.

apparently there’s a new presenter on as well – haven’t seen him though.

#35045 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Is that Sam Matterface? He has been on all week doing the odd hour.Are you sure they have moved to a different studio? It looks like they have just moved further down the desk to where the guys sit for Soccer Saturday

#35046 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

yep they’ve definately moved while the normal studio gets a facelift – it will be ready for tomorrow morning I think.

#35047 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

How did you know that? Is this new one the one with the background a video loop? The presenters stand out from it like on one of those green screen type of things they have on Sky Vegas

#35048 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Sky News should’ve hired Sky Sports News’ graphics designers, SSN looks great, in my view.

#35049 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

It does look good

#35050 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

it looks very american

Nick Collins had the new Sky Sports logo on his mic and shirt before, so expect new graphics for the football this afternoon

#35051 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

SSN has changed the design to the vidiprinter.. It’s now red and black writing on a white background. Looks tons better than what they were using on Saturday..

Saturday:

Tonight:

#35052 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

mate, maybe it will be different for Saturdays and midweek games

#35053 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

No I think the red version is here to stay (hopefully). From what I gather Sky were none too pleased with the vidiprinter on Saturday, especially regarding the H/T cock ups. The one used tonight is tons better; slimmer and the incident stands out more in red than blue, it also means that it is less likely for the teams and scorers to overlap and cover each other up like they did on Saturday.

#35054 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky have stuck some old premiership footage into the Ford Sponsors.

Sky have moved the football score card to the top left like in past seasons.
    I much preferred it in the bottom left, it was out of the way and worked well with the information bar and ticker.

#35055 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I didn’t like the scores at the bottom, made it impossible to read if you were standing in a crowded pub like I am every weekend.

#35056 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Cant say I take much notice of the backgrounds!!! More intrested in the footie results

#35057 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky Sports are airing two new football graphics this weekend:

Substitutes:

1125151043_1.jpg
    and Watch This:

1125151043_8.jpg
    #35058 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

I didn’t watch either game today, but as for image 1 above – why were they showing the substitutes available after only 7 minutes? Was there an injury at that time?

I like the look of the ‘Watch This’ graphic based on your screengrab though.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Sky Sports Website and Sky Sports Changes
Your information: