Sky Sports 4

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky Sports 4

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  guvnorgaz 11 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jason1970
    Participant
    #32713 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

Just wondering when Sky Sports 4 starts next month, supposedly, what do u think they will show on the channel if it has not been decided yet

#32714 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Sport

#32715 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

How specific :biggrin:

I didn’t even know such a channel was being launched. There is already enough in the way of sports channels.

#32716 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Quote from DigitalSpy;

Sky plans new Sky Sports channel

Sunday, June 11 2006, 05:42 UTC – by Neil Wilkes

Sky is intending to launch a sixth Sky Sports-branded channel after securing a licence for ‘Sky Sports 4’ from TV regulator Ofcom.

The broadcaster already operates Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 and Xtra for live coverage, plus Sky Sports News for rolling news, but is thought to need another outlet for its ever-expanding portfolio of live rights.

A Sky spokesperson confirmed that “the relevant procedures” were being followed in order to launch a new channel but refused to be drawn on when it would launch or what content it would house.

#32717 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

I’d imagine it would show magazine show repeats most of the time and live events when all over SS channels are doing so; used instead of putting live stuff on the red button such as WI cricket and ten pin bowling for example.

#32718 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I think I saw they were going to use it to show some of the less popular sports like NFL and bowling so they can use the other 3 for the live main sports such as footy, rugby and cricket

#32719 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

There is a hospitality company called Racing & Ball Sports Hospitality that are worth taking a look at, they cover all the major sporting events and I have heard good things about them

#32720 Reply

dan_mase
    Participant

The need for a sixth channel has been demonstrated today. With all four sports channels showing live sport, the tennis was via the red button on ss2 and the conference final was shown on SSN (in widescreen with new dog). what with the increased number of live football matches next season with no ppv, this situation will arise even more often.

#32721 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

So what will they do with the old Prem Plus channel? And where is SS4?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Sky Sports 4
Your information: