Sky News Presenters

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Presenters

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Newsrat 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Dante
    Participant
    #18882 Reply

Dante
    Participant

I was just wondering if anyone has ever e-mailed any of the presenters of Sky News and received a reply? If so, what address did you use to contact them?
    Thanks.

#18883 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Dante+Sep 3 2004, 11:19 AM–>(Dante @ Sep 3 2004, 11:19 AM)
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever e-mailed any of the presenters of Sky News and received a reply? If so, what address did you use to contact them?
    Thanks.

Your best bet Dante, if you wish to contact a skynews reader is to use the email address: firstname.secondname@bskyb.com eg lisa.burke@bskyb.com :rolleyes:

#18884 Reply

Dante
    Participant

thanks, anyone actually received a reply by e-mailing any of the presenters?

#18885 Reply

Hello
    Participant

I’ve received two replies so far using that address.

#18886 Reply

Dante
    Participant

sorry to ask but who did you e-mail out of the presenters and how long did they take to get back to you?

#18887 Reply

Hello
    Participant

One of the replies, I emailed them one night and when I came home from work the next day the reply was there waiting for me, and the other reply took a couple of weeks to get after I sent the original email. It really depends on who you send it to. Some of the presenters are on all the time and others are only on from time to time.

#18888 Reply

Dante
    Participant

thanks, I hope I receive a reply soon.

#18889 Reply

dotdotuk
    Participant

When he returned from a long illness I sent an email to Bob Friend at the normal sky news address and a few weeks later I received a reply from him thanking me.

#18890 Reply

fusionlad
    Participant

I e-mailed Kay after she asked a question, she replied and thanked me within a minute. You could hear her tapping away at the keyboard when Mark was doing his link.

#18891 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

It seems so werid they can do that, have the time to read and reply to emails whilst presenting, its good though. What kinda questions do most people ask?

#18892 Reply

fusionlad
    Participant

NEWSBOY2+Sep 5 2004, 03:17 PM–>(NEWSBOY2 @ Sep 5 2004, 03:17 PM)
    It seems so werid they can do that, have the time to read and reply to emails whilst presenting, its good though. What kinda questions do most people ask?

The presenters are trained to talk and listen at the same time. Writing a note or an e-mail while still being aware of what’s going on around them comes naturally to them.

#18893 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

NEWSBOY2+Sep 6 2004, 01:17 AM–>(NEWSBOY2 @ Sep 6 2004, 01:17 AM)
    What kinda questions do most people ask?

Well, if the current state of these forums represents Sky’s viewers, then typical emails will probably be;

“Are you single?”
    “I love you.”
    “You’re the bestest Sky News presenter eva!”
    “You’re so sexy, all the other girls at Sky are crap.”
    “What underwear are you wearing?”

Etc.

#18894 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

Skybaby+Sep 6 2004, 12:27 AM–>(Skybaby @ Sep 6 2004, 12:27 AM)

NEWSBOY2+Sep 6 2004, 01:17 AM–>(NEWSBOY2 @ Sep 6 2004, 01:17 AM)
    What kinda questions do most people ask?

Well, if the current state of these forums represents Sky’s viewers, then typical emails will probably be;

“Are you single?”
    “I love you.”
    “You’re the bestest Sky News presenter eva!”
    “You’re so sexy, all the other girls at Sky are crap.”
    “What underwear are you wearing?”

Etc.

OR

“Simon is your chest really that hairy, we need visual confirmation” B)

and

“I fell in love with the 8th world wonder and now he is at the beeb”

:rolleyes:

#18895 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I e-mail two Sky presenters fairly regularly– they always reply whilst they are on-air

#18896 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

Newsrat+Sep 10 2004, 11:53 PM–>(Newsrat @ Sep 10 2004, 11:53 PM)
    OR

and

Tee hee – now that was something worth discussing. Non of this “hair, blouse and skirt” malarky.

Those were the days, eh?

#18897 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Newsrat+Sep 10 2004, 03:53 PM–>(Newsrat @ Sep 10 2004, 03:53 PM)
    [

and

ha, ha, oh dear,…I hope he is having a good laugh while reading this!
    ________
    Tanya

#18898 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

I e-mailed Martin once when he made a real hash of pronouncing the name Bouygues (it’s pronounced “Bweeg”) in some business headlines – it’s the leading French construction company, which he might not have known, which also owns France’s leading channel, TF1, which I reckon he should know. Anyway, he wrote back within seconds to say he’d been rehearsing it all morning, was dreading saying it, then blew it when the time came. Curiously, he didn’t re-read the item the rest of the morning!
    Without having received a reply, I also mark up a minor victory over the Queen Mother’s funeral. In the early minutes of coverage by the presenters, the term “casket” was used, but this then became “coffin”. I claim full responsibility for this shift, resulting from an e-mail I sent in entitled “a-tisket a-tasket” in which I pointed out that “casket” was American usage.

#18899 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

Skybaby+Sep 13 2004, 12:34 AM–>(Skybaby @ Sep 13 2004, 12:34 AM)

Newsrat+Sep 10 2004, 11:53 PM–>(Newsrat @ Sep 10 2004, 11:53 PM)
    OR

“Simon is your chest really that hairy, we need visual confirmation”  B)

and

Tee hee – now that was something worth discussing. Non of this “hair, blouse and skirt” malarky.

Those were the days, eh?

Those were the days when we discussed the really topical important issues and had fun doing it B)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Sky News Presenters
Your information: