sky news is now not watchable

Forums Forums TV Newsroom sky news is now not watchable

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Damian 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

skynewsfan18
    Participant
    #35270 Reply

skynewsfan18
    Participant

any1 agree i think this new scheldurer is crap was watching gillian jospeh this morning on sunrise she looked realy uncomformatble doin a quick news bulleting wheres colin brazer
    how long do we reckon this new scheldure will work?

#35271 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I notice CB has been missing for the last two days and obviously didn’t look too happy before that on the snippets I saw of him earlier in the week. I cannot for the life of me understand how you can go from covering Live at 5 to ‘bit part’ and not even get a credit in the announcements. He is without doubt in JT’s league, heir apparent I thought?

#35272 Reply

Damian
    Participant

skynewsfan18 wrote:any1 agree i think this new scheldurer is crap was watching gillian jospeh this morning on sunrise she looked realy uncomformatble doin a quick news bulleting wheres colin brazer
    how long do we reckon this new scheldure will work?

Sky News hasn’t been watchable for a year and you’ve only just realised?

#35273 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I’m not happy that Colin Brazier has not been given a major slot in the new lineup. I would have thought that he would have been one of the more prominent presenters in this new schedule, as he has been doing a really good job in the early evening slot when Jeremy Thompson was away.

Oh well, at least Steve Dixon and Martin Popplewell are still presenting the news during the weekends.

#35274 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

Colin doesnt have his own slot yet Andrew Wilson comes back from the States and gets his own weekend show. He even gets his name in the title. I think they are trying to kill off sky news. If I were Colin I would leave!

#35275 Reply

skynewsfan18
    Participant

i reckon bbc news will nick some of there presenters its a load of crap they are brainless
    andrew willson cant stand his voice

#35276 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Whats with Steve Dixons illegal hours? He starts at 12 and works til midnight, there were a couple of hours of Helen and a couple of Paula but he was there for 12 hours plus however long it takes him to prepare his show, how longs that going to last?

#35277 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

They are brainless, they have managed to mess it up big time!

#35278 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Its pretty unreal. I get the feeling its not completed. Apart from Julie’s great personality, her show is quite boring.

I think Kay Burley’s 4 hours is without doubt the best show on the schedule, she’s always moving from different locations, cameras panning around, zooming in and out, the show also as great use of the newswall. I like the tiny chats she as with Jon on Sports and Michael on Business, instead of just linking to them..

Speaking of sports, I enjoy it more when the presenter and sports presenter talk about sports, we’ve seen it for the last few years on Live at Five. I’m glad its now apart of Kay’s show too.

Another thing i like about Kay’s show, especially last Thursday, was it had, or seem to had very little schedule. its was just rolling… After 2 hours of the dvd from the high court, Kay cracked on with a interview with Jon (sorry, surname escapes me at the moment) about his book, and his life. it was quite laid back, there was no real rush to get to the top stories or adverts etc. we could see the headlines scrolling across the bottom of the screen anyway.. Kay seem to be enjoying the show, she seems very jolly.

Martin’s Sky.com / News is ok.. but i think thats more about him, rather than the content of his show. What people are reading or writing on the internet doesn’t bother me.. If I want to know what people were writing, reading or searching I can do that online!

I’m glad Steve Dixon as a set schedule now, its been a long time coming.

and Anna Jones reduced to linking to packages for 2 hours a night What a waste!

#35279 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I hate Kay but yes, her show is the only one to use the new studio to its potential.

Im finding it all very boring, and the Steve Dixon weekend is going to become a major bore. He is ok in small doses but to much of him is going to lose viewers

#35280 Reply

skynewsfan18
    Participant

where is emma crospy i thought she was going to be doin the news but the last week its been samantha?

#35281 Reply

Damian
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:I hate Kay but yes, her show is the only one to use the new studio to its potential.

Im finding it all very boring, and the Steve Dixon weekend is going to become a major bore. He is ok in small doses but to much of him is going to lose viewers

New?! The studio is nearly 2years old on tv!

#35282 Reply

skynewsfan18
    Participant

who else is not watching sky news at much now
    wouldnt u have thought that with the new names for julie and kay burley show they would have put that in the title
    and they havent done that
    they r crap

#35283 Reply

Damian
    Participant

Then stop watching.

#35284 Reply

skynewsfan18
    Participant

state the fuckin obvious
    is any1 watching sky news?

#35285 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I havent watched it anywhere near as much as before. No doubt they will win awards and think everything is fine, its not, they win awards simply because there is no competition

#35286 Reply

Damian
    Participant

skynewsfan18 wrote:state the fuckin obvious
    is any1 watching sky news?

Consider that a warning

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: sky news is now not watchable
Your information: