Sky News in Widescreen!

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News in Widescreen!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jk80 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

arden forester
    Participant
    #30989 Reply

arden forester
    Participant

I know it’s a few weeks now but Sky News looks a whole load better in widescreen. Just goes to show it can be done. The skinflints at UKTV are seemingly stuck in a groove, except that the World Cup has got them going on UKG2!

I’m very much of the opinion that the viewers, who are now mainly buying widescreen TV’s as new, should not be shortchanged by the broadcasters!

ITV News could learn a lesson! Well done Sky News – we await the revamp on July 10th.

#30990 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Yes…continousous repeats of a Question of Sport…….

#30991 Reply

DDP
    Participant

arden forester wrote:I know it’s a few weeks now but Sky News looks a whole load better in widescreen. Just goes to show it can be done.

Few weeks? how’s life on Pluto? Sky News went widescreen last October IIRC.

#30992 Reply

cole09mcfc
    Participant

uktv g2 is good it shows bbc games live so is uktv bbc owned?

#30993 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

If memory serves correctly it is a 50/50 partnership between BBC Worldwide, hence all of those lovely repeats and Flextech, who ever they are. Its worked out well for old flextech though becasue they now have a 50% stake in one of the UKs largest TV firms

#30994 Reply

jk80
    Participant

arden forester wrote:
    ITV News could learn a lesson! Well done Sky News – we await the revamp on July 10th.

Is it actually going to be a revamp of Sky News or just dictching a couple of shows?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Sky News in Widescreen!
Your information: