Sky News – General Thread

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News – General Thread

This topic contains 1 reply, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  guvnorgaz 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 222 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #34300 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

General thread for day-to-day discussions on Sky News.

A New Topic should be created in the first instance. Often most comments don’t warrant a new thread.

I’ve many times wrote out a post, had no idea what to call the title, and have just closed the page.

This thread is mainly for general discussions, day-to-day operations, graphic tweaks, correspondents locations, up-and-coming programmes, and other pieces of information.

#34301 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Vic Wakeling starts his job at Sky News on Tuesday – We could be in for a few changes in the near futher.

Vic Wakeling was part of the launch team for Sky Sports and has been its head since 1994. He has since overseen Sky Sports? growth into a network of five core sports channels that is renowned for its quality live broadcasts, depth of coverage and innovation. After a career in print journalism, he joined the television industry in 1980 with TVS and went on to work for Mark McCormack’s IMG and satellite broadcaster BSB.

Vic takes over from Dawn Aireys, who left Sky a few months ago.

#34302 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Ian Woods, Catherine Jacobs and Amanda Walker are all in Portugal reporting on the story of the Abducted 3-year-old Girl.

Jo Wheeler, who lives in Portugal was reporting live from the scene on Friday.

#34303 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

Noticed that Colin is working this weekend (with lorna yesterday) hope he has not lost his normal slot like most of the weekend staff!

#34304 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

Colin is probably on because its bank holiday. However, he has been on his regular slot for a while. He does a week then disappears for 2!

#34305 Reply

irxin
    Participant

Just an observation, Not keen on the idea of a sticky like this.

Another board which I have never registered with has just one thread for sky news and is now on page 400.

Separate topics are far easier to follow

#34306 Reply

kaylover
    Participant

– Sunrise on till 10am this morning. WITH Eamonn Holmes! Shocked he never had the bank holiday off!!!

– Anna Botting now Live at the scene of the kidnaped Girl.

#34307 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

irxin wrote:Just an observation, Not keen on the idea of a sticky like this.

Another board which I have never registered with has just one thread for sky news and is now on page 400.

Separate topics are far easier to follow

A New Topic should be created in the first instance. Often most comments don’t warrant a new thread.

I’ve many times wrote out a post, had no idea what to call the title, and have just closed the page.

This thread is mainly for general discussions, day-to-day operations, graphic tweaks, correspondents locations, up-and-coming programmes, and other pieces of information.

#34308 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Was Kay on today from 12?

I think this thread is a good idea for meaningless questions like mine that dont warrant a thread!

#34309 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:Was Kay on today from 12?

I think this thread is a good idea for meaningless questions like mine that dont warrant a thread!

Kay wasnt on. Anna/Martin with Anna Botting in Portugal

#34310 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Why is the Sky Planner not upto-date? Apparently we had the interview with the wrongly accused terrorism plotter [or whatever it is called] at 2:30, but when I tuned in towards the end of the hour, we had Sport.

Same happened on Saturday, 11:30 it was scheduled, and Nick had Saturday Sport

#34311 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Is Lorna pregnant ?

#34312 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I saw her tonight at the top of the hour and she was chatting with John Desborough and when she turned round her belly seemed to stick out a bit

#34313 Reply

James
    Participant

I can confirm that Lorna is pregnant and is expecting a baby in September but she’ll remain on our screens until mind-August…

#34314 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

OK, obvious question but how do you know that?

#34315 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

She’s looked it for some time, Congrats to Lorna then !

#34316 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

Congrats to Lorna!

#34317 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

The 9:58pm weather report had a camera hipcup with the camera moving too far to the left.

It was also being recorded for the overnight.

#34318 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

i notice that as Kay is off, there is no Lunchtime Live at all. Martin and Anna carried on until 1 with Lorna and Colin Brazier coming on after that.

i personally think Lunchtime Live is pointless anyway. I wonder if there is a way that it culd be folded back into the Sky News today format?

#34319 Reply

irxin
    Participant

Please, please do not criticise Sky News ? take a look at the following clip which is a good example of our Telly Tax funded News and Current Affairs organisation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqR5NPhtLI

His boss said : ?"disappointed" by Mr Sweeney’s actions.? I doubt that means ?you are fired? in Beeb speak but it should.

Another example which the Sky mikes did not pick up this morning was some beeboid bird screaming a question at the McCann’s – deafing on the Today program – got a one at a time please from the Dad.

#34320 Reply

irxin
    Participant

irxin wrote:Please, please do not criticise Sky News ? take a look at the following clip which is a good example of our Telly Tax funded News and Current Affairs organisation:

His boss said : ?"disappointed" by Mr Sweeney’s actions.? I doubt that means ?you are fired? in Beeb speak but it should.

Another example which the Sky mikes did not pick up this morning was some beeboid bird screaming a question at the McCann’s – deafing on the Today program – got a one at a time please from the Dad.

Sorry folks to bump this entry but rather surprised no one has commented!

#34321 Reply

kaylover
    Participant

irxin wrote:

irxin wrote:Please, please do not criticise Sky News ? take a look at the following clip which is a good example of our Telly Tax funded News and Current Affairs organisation:

The program lastnight was really good, well done to the BBC for reporting the truth on this evil cult.

People who say the BBC has an agenda just make themselves look foolish.

As for the shouting, i think it shows the human side of Mr Sweeney and was perfectly understandable as he was subjected to the man from the cult shouting over him many times. I think that was the only way he could get his voice heard as previous times when he tried to respond, the guy just walked away.

Well done to the BBC and Mr Sweeny. Great investigative reporting.

#34322 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

irxin wrote:

It wasnt how it looked on the Youtube clip, it wasnt just a case of him losing his rag in a snap moment, that guy in the glasses, the Tom Cruise wannabe was constantly talking over him all the way through the program, every time Sweeney spoke the American guy would talk over him, having watched the program its not as bad as it originally looked

#34323 Reply

irxin
    Participant

Looks to me that as a ?duty of care? the BBC should give him gardening leave and get him some several therapists if that is how you get working for them for five years.

Whatever the context, which I did not see, no one, let alone what is virtually a civil servant should behave like that. Apart from anything else it is that type of ?acceptable? behaviour which sets a poor example to our kids.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 222 total)
Reply To: Sky News – General Thread
Your information: