Sky News First Again!

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News First Again!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MelbourneTV 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gaja
    Participant
    #18133 Reply

gaja
    Participant

Sky News were first this morning with the news that Sion Jenkins had ‘won’ his appeal against the Murder of his Foster Daughter Billie-Jo.

ITV news were still talking to a Law expert and News 24 were in the middle of a sports update.

Although amusingly ITV News had jumped the gun minutes before with the news that Sion Jenkins had lost the appeal.

#18134 Reply

tim1
    Participant

Further to Gaja’s incorrect assertion that Sky News were first in breaking the news about Sion Jenkins’ appeal.

BBC News 24 actually had their banner up on the screen first – even though it was during a sports update. The BBC’s banner was also correct whereas Sky’s said that Sion Jenkins’ appeal had been overturned.
    Clearly there was a scramble at the Sky News Centre because the banner then simply said ‘Jenkins wins appeal’.

Then later Sky News had breaking news that Martha Stewart had been sentenced to 9 months in prison. It was five.

Of course let’s also not forget the previous day when Sky News had breaking news that the suspect in the Hannah Foster case had admitted to “hiding a body”.

So let’s be slightly more circumspect before we start loudly blasting the trumpets.

#18135 Reply

kev667
    Participant

and if no one else saw it (I did, being the insomniac around here) Sky did ‘break’ the news that Labour had won the by-election that they didn’t win…

ok, to explain… they were very very quick with the shwoosh that broke the news the Liberals had won.. this was somewhere in the 1-2am range.. ..when the returning officer read out the number of Lab votes, they broke it as a win for the Libs.. all good stuff.

around 3 mins later, when the new MP was giving his speech, another shwoosh happened.. i whipped my head around and read that Labour had won it..! It disappeared about half a second after that – the whole breaking strap, including the stuff on the left hand side, went white. They pulled it v v quickly.

excusable? it was late.

kev.

#18136 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Well done Sky today with the coverage of the emerging story from Sydney.

I found out more in 2 minutes at 6pm AEST than I did in an entire 30minutes of AUSTRALIAN news from our own stations.

FKN JOKE AUSTRALIAN TV!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Sky News First Again!
Your information: