Sky News Election Night Discussion

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Election Night Discussion

This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  daved2424 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #24844 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I;m loving the Election Studio:

#24845 Reply

philg
    Participant

Yeah it looks like there is more to it than in the previews, the desk with the map of Britain also looks quite good. Notice the slight mistake, the ticker on the wall said POLLS ARE CLOSED! Not quite yet.

#24846 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

They also seem to have a nice swinging camera, Maybe fixed to the ceiling.

#24847 Reply

calciofan
    Participant

Wow – just watching Adam now with an update (at 8.10pm) – studio looks great!!

#24848 Reply

philg
    Participant

The studio does look good, it might seem a little bit cramped when the BBC get their effort out, but it still seems to be an impressive effort so far from Sky. Martin Stanford’s House of Commons was really good, and once again being able to listen to the gallery is fantastic- maybe there should be a warning on it though, a phone went off iin there and someone said “oh fu**ing Kay Burley”! Whoops. Wonder when and where she will pitch up.

#24849 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Kay Burley looks like she’s getting some turbulence above sunderland, looks very bumpy

#24850 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

the live gallery shot (with gallery sound!) is incredible on sky news active screen 10. talk about a hive of activity !!!

#24851 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Yes, the new gallery looks brilliant, great stuff from Sky News so far.

#24852 Reply

A–J
    Participant

The gallery is good! Is this gallery the new one for Sky News or is it just for this particular event?

#24853 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

its their gallery at osterley

#24854 Reply

A–J
    Participant

Hi there. Oh, thanks for that. Is Osterley the new place where they are moving to, soon?

#24855 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Osterley is where Sky News is based, Both the current and new gallery are at osterley, they are using the new gallery tonight.

#24856 Reply

A–J
    Participant

Hi Johnnie,

Thank you for that, I knew there would be an explanation! I thought it looked different, to what I saw a few months back.

Does anyone know what vision mixer they use?

Also, what is everyone’s role in the gallery, as we see it tonight for Vote ’05? From left to right, as you view it, there looks to be seven people, the end one being next to the Vision Mixer.

Thank you.

#24857 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

So, how long is everyone going to last tonight? I managed about 1am in 2001 and 4am in 1997 (and I wasn’t even old enough to vote in that one – but it was really compelling…yeah, I’m sad ).

Anyway, I quite like the sets – possibly the best Virtual ones I’ve seen from Sky News. Better than that awful Millennium one, at any rate. Might be cramped-looking compared to BBC and ITV, but still professional.

Wouldn’t be Sky General Election coverage without Martin Stanford in the virtual House of Commons!

Shame that I don’t have access to Sky News Active. I’d like to listen into the gallery. Come on, Sky…do a deal with NTL! ^_^

#24858 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

AJ, sorry, had signed off before u asked the osterley question. johnnie answered but i wasn’t ignoring ya!

#24859 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

Kay Burley is back in Rossendale.

#24860 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky News Forecast:

#24861 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Johnnie+May 5 2005, 10:59 PM–>(Johnnie @ May 5 2005, 10:59 PM)
    Osterley is where Sky News is based, Both the current and new gallery are at osterley, they are using the new gallery tonight.

no no no. they’re not using the new studio at all. they’re using studio 7 which is normally used for sky sports programmes. and i think martin’s vritual stuff was from studio 6, but i could be wrong. i beleive the the graphics were coming from the new building, but that’s it.

#24862 Reply

kev667
    Participant

#24863 Reply

gillw
    Participant

Johnnie+May 5 2005, 10:27 PM–>(Johnnie @ May 5 2005, 10:27 PM)
    Yes, the new gallery looks brilliant, great stuff from Sky News so far.

Hi Johnnie,

Is that really the new gallery in their new studios. If it is, it doesn’t look widescreen ready!

#24864 Reply

gillw
    Participant

Did anyone manage to capture any of the gallery feed that they wouldn’t mind posting?

#24865 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

The studio is studio 7, a sky sports studio not the new studio and IS widescreen ready (widescreen studios dont need widescreen monitors), infact next week it will all be ripped out and upgraded to high definition. The virtual stuff is coming from studio in the new building at osterley next to the new sky news studio.

The swinging camera is a jib camera. A camera on a big pole, used in the newsroom and on sky sports shows.

#24866 Reply

Robbbo
    Participant

The gallery live pics and sound was really interesting. Does anyone know if they will make this a permanent feature with the new studios. With the existing Sky active you get either the newsroom or gallery or neither when they need to fit something else in- they should have both showing all the time!!

#24867 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Julie Etchingham and Nick Pollard’s view on the Election Coverage: http://politics.guardian.co.uk/election/st…1480010,00.html

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Sky News Election Night Discussion
Your information: