Sky Correspondent Reshuffle

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky Correspondent Reshuffle

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  gsf 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

scottish
    Participant
    #29746 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Details of a reshuffle of Sky Correspondents has been announced (link)

Michelle Clifford – US Correspondent based in Washington
    Ian Woods – Sky Report Correspondent based in London

Alex Rossi – Russia Correspondent based in Moscow
    Laurence Lee – news correspondent based in London

Greg Milam – Europe Correspondent based in Brussels
    Rachel Amatt – news correspondent based in London

Jayne Secker – correspondent for Five News

#29747 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Looks like a good reshuffle. I’m glad Michelle is now U.S. Correspondent. Michelle as always been good when reporting from the U.S.

I’m glad Laurence Lee is back in London, He is a fantastic reporter and we didn’t get to see enough of him when in was based in Moscow. I take it this also means that Alex has been promoted to Correspondent – Well done, Alex.

It’s a shame that Jayne is going to Five, I was hoping she’d get a big/higher position at Sky News – but I’m sure she’ll be back…

#29748 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Rachel Amatt hasn’t been in Europe too long has she? Less than a year? Unbelievably she must miss London!

Is the ‘normal’ contract 2 years for a foreign correspondent? Obviously the US/M.E correspondents have been there longer, presumably by choice.

I still wonder where the foreign correspondents fit into the new look World News/Rubin show. Not much from the non -US correspondents unfortunately unless a big sexy story breaks.
    I’d almost forgotten Lawrence Lee was at Sky until heard him on the gnus last night. Almost never see Bwana Chater but when I do, he looks the part.

Curious that so many changes made all at once??

#29749 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Both Michelle Clifford and Alex Rossi have filed reports today from their new positions.

#29750 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

its a huge shame that jayne secker is moving to five news

#29751 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

Sky News do the news for Channel 5 News. We have seen Alex Crawford recently on Sky News and she has moved to Channel 5 last year so dont be so down

#29752 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Alex Crawford is the West Asia correspondent now, so I am guessing Alex came back from Five.

#29753 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Another little change: Niall Paterson is now a member of the reporting team based at Millbank. He was previously a producer.

#29754 Reply

philg
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:Another little change: Niall Paterson is now a member of the reporting team based at Millbank. He was previously a producer.

Johnnie, do you know what has happened to Gary Honeyford? You said he was working at Millbank, and often you can see him wandering around in the background during lives, but he hasnt been on air yet has he? Has he become a producer or something?

#29755 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

philg wrote:(Johnnie @ Apr 18 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]14192[/snapback]

Another little change: Niall Paterson is now a member of the reporting team based at Millbank. He was previously a producer.

Johnnie, do you know what has happened to Gary Honeyford? You said he was working at Millbank, and often you can see him wandering around in the background during lives, but he hasnt been on air yet has he? Has he become a producer or something?

Yes, he is now a producer.

#29756 Reply

philg
    Participant

Thanks, shame, I thought he was always really good from Belfast. I suppose scaling back their Northern Ireland bureau was always sensible, as there is much less news there than there was say a few years ago.

#29757 Reply

jk80
    Participant

It’s a crying shame Woodsy is off the US beat. At least Andrew Wilson stays presumably, he tells it like it is.

#29758 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Is David Bowden just filling in in JHBurg for DC as Africa correspondent as the latter’s on holiday? Judging from this morning, Joburg’s got the other David somewhat spooked. Can’t say I blame him but doesn’t sound like he’d be applying for the job full time anytime soon?!

I’m glad Sky didn’t just leave the house empty while DC is away but have someone there, filing reports.

#29759 Reply

gsf
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:(philg @ Apr 19 2006, 12:38 AM) [snapback]14194[/snapback]

Yes, he is now a producer.

Does anyone know how the role of producer compares to corresponent? Is it more senior/ less senior, much the same in terms of pay & experience. It usually seems to be that people start of as producer and move to being correspondents, not the other way around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Sky Correspondent Reshuffle
Your information: