Signed Photos

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Signed Photos

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Schumi 13 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Evan
    Participant
    #19848 Reply

Evan
    Participant

Has anybody requested AND received a signed photo of a Sky News presenter and if so how long were you waiting for before you received it?.

#19849 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Just out of pure curiosity Evan; which presenter do you want a signed photo from?

#19850 Reply

Evan
    Participant

Don’t worry about it, it’s all sorted( in the sense that it is apparently on the way) but I was just wondering how long it would take for me to receive it.

#19851 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

Evan+Oct 27 2004, 05:55 PM–>(Evan @ Oct 27 2004, 05:55 PM)
    Don’t worry about it, it’s all sorted( in the sense that it is apparently on the way) but I was just wondering how long it would take for me to receive it.

How did you go about requesting a signed photo?

#19852 Reply

Evan
    Participant

I simply e-mailed the presenter I wanted by using first name.last name@bskyb. com and the presenter I wanted got back to me by e-mail within about 6 days or so.

#19853 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

Evan+Oct 27 2004, 10:54 PM–>(Evan @ Oct 27 2004, 10:54 PM)
    I simply e-mailed the presenter I wanted by using first name.last name@bskyb. com and the presenter I wanted got back to me by e-mail within about 6 days or so.

Did you just guess at the email, or did you know it beforehand from somewhere? I would like a signed photo of Georgie Thompson, so all I need to do is send an email to georgie.thompson@bskyb.com and she will reply?

On the sky sports website, you can email Georgie a question, but the address is skysportsclub@bskyb.com. That won’t go to her directly though will it?

#19854 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

Well i send mail to kay.burley@bskyb. com last night and it didn’t bounce back (yet anyway), so fingers crossed

#19855 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

Alloneword+Oct 28 2004, 02:14 PM–>(Alloneword @ Oct 28 2004, 02:14 PM)
    Well i send mail to kay.burley@bskyb. com last night and it didn’t bounce back (yet anyway), so fingers crossed

Did you ask her for a signed photo?

#19856 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Schumi+Oct 28 2004, 11:21 AM–>(Schumi @ Oct 28 2004, 11:21 AM)

Evan+Oct 27 2004, 10:54 PM–>(Evan @ Oct 27 2004, 10:54 PM)

Did you just guess at the email, or did you know it beforehand from somewhere? I would like a signed photo of Georgie Thompson, so all I need to do is send an email to georgie.thompson@bskyb.com and she will reply?

On the sky sports website, you can email Georgie a question, but the address is skysportsclub@bskyb.com. That won’t go to her directly though will it?

I came across the firstname.secondname@bskyb email address through one of the threads on this forum. So far Ive emailed two presenters using that email address and Ive had replies from two of them.

#19857 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

You are better off emailing them when they are ON AIR, they usually reply during their shift as long as there is not breaking news or something!

#19858 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

Newsroom+Oct 28 2004, 04:50 PM–>(Newsroom @ Oct 28 2004, 04:50 PM)
    You are better off emailing them when they are ON AIR, they usually reply during their shift as long as there is not breaking news or something!

Obviously, I want to be polite in the email. So…how do you ask for a autographed photo without sounding rude? Do you give your address in the same email, or wait for a responce first?

#19859 Reply

Evan
    Participant

I e-mailed the presenter I wanted a signed photo from and I gave my address in that e-mail and I also pointed out that I tried various other ways to make contact with no joy previously so e-mailing the presenter directly was my only option and it worked. I think it also doesn’t hurt to praise the presenter that you want the signed photo from. I can’t say if the same method would work if you e-mailed Sky Sports News but by all means give it a try( you’d never know ). I might as well say now who the presenter was as I got my signed photo in the post yesterday morning and I was afraid that I might jeopardise getting the photo if I mentioned her name previously( maybe I was being too cautious ). It was Sheila Jansen.

#19860 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Thats good news then, and very good of Sheila to do so..

Do these photos have Sky News logos on them? I haven’t seen these photos before, are they any good?

#19861 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

Actually, it’s not a signed photo I would be asking for. I sent something for the presenter I want to email to consider, and I haven’t received a written responce yet. I’m not quite sure how I should word this email. Obviously I would mention that I recognise that you are a busy person etc, and a reply would mean a great deal etc. Do I also praise the work they are doing at sky?

#19862 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

Schumi+Oct 28 2004, 02:51 PM–>(Schumi @ Oct 28 2004, 02:51 PM)
    Did you ask her for a signed photo?

Yep sure did will just have to wait and see now.

and yes i did give her my address.

#19863 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

Evan+Oct 29 2004, 06:17 PM–>(Evan @ Oct 29 2004, 06:17 PM)
    I e-mailed the presenter I wanted a signed photo from and I gave my address in that e-mail and I also pointed out that I tried various other ways to make contact with no joy previously so e-mailing the presenter directly was my only option and it worked.

Can I ask which other ways you tried to contact her before email?

#19864 Reply

Evan
    Participant

Basically I tried to contact Sheila by e-mail only. Firstly by e-mailing the Sky News website, secondly by joining the e-panel and then having read on this site I tried the first name.last name@bskyb.com method and that worked for me. I didn’t send any mail because firstly I didn’t know the postal address and anyway you really have no guarantee that the letter you send will even reach them. A buddy of mine tried to post a letter to them but he had no joy when he used that method of contact.

#19865 Reply

Evan
    Participant

Sorry I glanced over your comments Johnnie and forgot to respond to them and yes you are right because it certainly was very good of Sheila to send me a signed photo and to answer your question down on the bottom of the photo there is a white band with Sheila Jansen printed on it and next to that are the words Sky News. Sheila signed it simply by writing the following:- Evan, Best Wishes, Sheila. Or words to that effect. Your spot on Johnnie it was good news then.

#19866 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

It seems the sky sports news presenters don’t have email address. I tried the firstname.lastname@bskyb.com address but the email bounced back. I then tried firstnamelastname@bskyb.com and the same thing happens.

Seems stupid that sky news presenters have address, and sky sports news presenters don’t.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Signed Photos
Your information: