Laura Kuenssberg to Join ITV News

bbcnewsbbcnews02 1716 13 32

The BBC’s [[Laura Kuenssberg]] is joining ITV News to take up the newly created role of Business Editor.

BBC NEWS BBC News 02-17 16-13-32

Laura, currently Chief Political Correspondent for the BBC, joined the corporation in 2000 as a reporter based in Newcastle before joining The Daily Politics in 2003.

Speaking of her move to ITV, Laura said: “The BBC has been an integral part of my life for more than a decade and I will always be grateful for the experiences I have been given. But while families round the UK cope with the squeeze and the country grapples with making its living, moving to cover British business is an even more exciting prospect. I’m really delighted to be joining ITV, and thrilled about the range of opportunities I’ll have as the ITV News Business Editor – from being a part of the team on the award winning ITV News at Ten, to working with some of the best journalists in the country on ITV1’s Tonight programme.”

Deborah Turness, Editor of ITV News said: “Laura has an impressive track-record and I’ve admired her sharp journalism and drive. I can’t wait to see her talent flourish and grow with us in such a key position.”

Laura, who starts her new job in September, will also contribute towards ITV1’s current affairs programme, Tonight.

Posted by on Wednesday 22 June 2011
The Budget Sky News Promo 2024

The 2024 budget will take place this afternoon. It will be delivered to the House of Commons by Jeremy Hunt,

The Brexit Storm Laura Kuenssberg

Laura Kuenssberg is about to become the BBC’s first female Election Night presenter. According to The Sun, Kuenssberg is expected

jpg e

ITV Tyne Tees and Border weather presenter Ross Hutchinson is recovering in hospital after donating a kidney to his dad.

Copy link