Props from FOX News

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Props from FOX News

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  icurite 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

tuff bob
    Participant
    #26059 Reply

tuff bob
    Participant

I just thought I’d pass on what I saw – as a viewer only – when FOX News, there were repeated references from the FOX News journalists to the fact that Sky News was collecting quality, accurate information as it was breaking and the amount of fantastic journalism from Sky News. I got the very strong impression the FOX News journalists were extremely impressed.

Here’s some quotes I found:
    “David: all right. That was our Sky sister station — sister network reporting as they have done extremely well since news of this began. “

“we are going to continue on this. Sky news is all over this. They’re bringing us information on three breaking situations.”

I wish we could have Sky News on in America.

#26060 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I’m sure it is only a matter of time tuff bob, if Sky can convince Fox not to block their attempt again.

#26061 Reply

icurite
    Participant

I’d love to see a Sky News USA station. It would improve the FTA and pay TV news coverage we get of USA news down here in Australia and New Zealand.

#26062 Reply

Damian
    Participant

icurite+Jul 23 2005, 07:43 AM–>(icurite @ Jul 23 2005, 07:43 AM)

I’d love to see a Sky News USA station. It would improve the FTA and pay TV news coverage we get of USA news down here in Australia and New Zealand.

Nah, I wouldnt like to see that happen. and its not as if we dont get enough US news anyway

#26063 Reply

dotdotuk
    Participant

tuff bob+Jul 23 2005, 03:21 AM–>(tuff bob @ Jul 23 2005, 03:21 AM)
    I just thought I’d pass on what I saw – as a viewer only – when FOX News, there were repeated references from the FOX News journalists to the fact that Sky News was collecting quality, accurate information as it was breaking and the amount of fantastic journalism from Sky News. I got the very strong impression the FOX News journalists were extremely impressed.

Here’s some quotes I found:
    “David: all right. That was our Sky sister station — sister network reporting as they have done extremely well since news of this began. “

“we are going to continue on this. Sky news is all over this. They’re bringing us information on three breaking situations.”

NEVER TRUST FOX NEWS.

Sky must have been doing an appalling job if Fox thought it was good.

Fox is a right ring comic.

Sky is heading that way with personality based programmes.

#26064 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

You’re right about FOX. I only watch them for pure comedy. But Sky can’t head that way due to current British legislation, that is unlikely to change in the near future.

#26065 Reply

HBox
    Participant

And thank god for that.

#26066 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I agree HBOX and Daved2424- it would be a very sad day if SKY became the spitting image of FOX News.

I do not think that Kay, Jeremy or Julie will become the new O’Reillys in this country. The only person who was like this biased opinionated ‘person’ was Littlejohn, and thankfully he is no longer with SKY!!

#26067 Reply

dotdotuk
    Participant

dirkyt+Jul 24 2005, 04:05 PM–>(dirkyt @ Jul 24 2005, 04:05 PM)
    I agree HBOX and Daved2424- it would be a very sad day if SKY became the spitting image of FOX News.

I do not think that Kay, Jeremy or Julie will become the new O’Reillys in this country. The only person who was like this biased opinionated ‘person’ was Littlejohn, and thankfully he is no longer with SKY!!

Lets hope we keep the Littlejohns of this world off the channel and we might keep an unbiased theme.

I am just worried that the rules could become relaxed.

For example the so called “crown jewels” of sport included England test matches. They could only be shown on terrestrial TV. Now of course Sky’s money has spoken and some are exclusively live on pay TV.

Could this happen to the rules governing “fair and balanced” news? Remember that is Foxnews slogan!

#26068 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I’m not even sure Sky News wants to become like Fox News, at least I hope not. Besides, Sky News was around long before Fox News, and it seems like it’s Fox that should be taking some journalistic lessons from Sky.

#26069 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

tuff bob & co.

Our American cousins can watch some of Sky News (UK) on the Internet by going to http://www.solent.tv and watching their streaming output – Solent TV boradcast SkyNews in amongst their schedule quite frequently and at regular times.

Hope that helps, Cheers, Phae.

#26070 Reply

icurite
    Participant

I do not think that Kay, Jeremy or Julie will become the new O’Reillys in this country.

I agree. Personality-based shows don’t always mean opinions, let alone always mean conservative or right-wing extremism. I truly doubt Sky News could ever go in the direction of Fox News.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Props from FOX News
Your information: