Presenters – What next?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Presenters – What next?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Pete19
    Participant
    #28774 Reply

Pete19
    Participant

With the itv News Channel closing what will happen with the news presenters they had?

What happens when the likes of Andrea Catherwood and Katie Derham come back from mat leave?

They can’t keep Lucy Alexander just to present London Today for 10 minutes. Andrea Catherwood usually covers for Mary Nighingale and Katie Derham, so they can’t keep Leyla Daybelge. James Mates and Bill Neely normaly cover for Nick Owen and Mark Austin, so why do they need Steve Scott.

I think they will keep Nina Hossain, dont know why but I think they will and Felicity Barr will stay to present the sport on the new nightly news

And the others, Andrew Harvey, Owen Thomas, Chris Rogers, Joyce Ohaja!

#28775 Reply

alfie
    Participant

i know it sounds a bit selfish,but i breathed a sigh of relief when the itn news ship sank.they had pinched my local presenter charlotte hawkins,and i would have been gutted if she had moved under that desk for good.but at the end of the day anyone worth there salts will move on to bigger and better things.plus i recorded an hour from a few days before they shut down,put it on continuose loop and its like having the real thing.cool.

#28776 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

Lucy Alexander is on the Sky News overnight shift this morning

#28777 Reply

Framescourer
    Participant

It is extraordinary, isn’t it, that we simply don’t know what’s happened to these anchors!

Despite never being enamoured of the ITV News Channel, I am missing John Nicholson and Leyla Daybelge.

The formerly pleasant Nina Hossain is curdling slightly, her natural gregariousness being outflanked by
    a) classically over-serious national bulletins (usually + Nick Owen)
    b) an icky, flirtatious double act with Alastair Stewart on London Tonight

#28778 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Some interesting observations there . Last year the world was nina’s oyster , now she seems a bit ‘hemmed in’ after the closures.

Somewhere out there are the ex ITVNC presenters , but where , well i dont know but i saw Susan Bookbinder on LT on Sunday after a month off tv.

I heard Carrie Frais on radio 5 yesterday reading out emails from football fans.
    Leyla Delbelge was on the weekend ITV news last week.

As for the rest , not a clue. Owen Thomas , Katie Ledger even Lucy Alexander after her one appearance on sky, nothing .

#28779 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Lucy’s doing today’s Lunchtime London Today.

#28780 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

I saw Joyce Ohaja on ITV London very recently. There’s a lot of presenters and not a great deal of ‘slots’ for them to go into. Nice to see Lucy back again .

#28781 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

skyspy+Jan 24 2006, 11:57 PM–>(skyspy @ Jan 24 2006, 11:57 PM)
    I saw Joyce Ohaja on ITV London very recently. There’s a lot of presenters and not a great deal of ‘slots’ for them to go into. Nice to see Lucy back again .

..and another problem is the amount of time on air. Felicity is doing 5-7 minutes a night. Lucy was on-air for about 15 minutes today. I cannot see why they would stick around.

When I heard that the NC was closing i expected to see many of the presenters show up on the BBC, Sky and either Five.

#28782 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

they may not have any choice in the matter – i don’t think the amount of minutes on air would deter them from working! No doubt they have mortgages to pay, families to support etc. and can’t exactly be turning things down.

Added to the fact that BBC/Sky/Five might not have any vacancies so to speak.

#28783 Reply

bobizgrate
    Participant

I think we’re all missing the point here. The most pressing question is what job can possibly do justice to the imposing frame of Scott Chisholm?

#28784 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sasha Herriman did a report on the Baftas for tonight’s ITV News.

#28785 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Owen Thomas has been seen back on the Morning News a couple of times, afterall he was with itv News before the News Channel.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Presenters – What next?
Your information: