Presenters Presenting On Their Own

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Presenters Presenting On Their Own

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  NEWSBOY2 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello
    Participant
    #18903 Reply

Hello
    Participant

I was wondering why Sky only put one presenter on presenting the news overnight and at weekends (uk time). I would have thought that as Sky is available across the world that they would of had two presenters on all the time.

#18904 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

But, Sky isn’t avaliable all over the world?

#18905 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

Apparently there were plans a couple of years ago for Sky News to have two presenters 24 hours a day, but it didn’t happen in the end.

#18906 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Kristian+Sep 4 2004, 12:11 PM–>(Kristian @ Sep 4 2004, 12:11 PM)
    But, Sky isn’t avaliable all over the world?

Sky has an Australian arm ie Sky news Australia. There’s a link to their affairs from this website. You sometimes hear the presenters welcoming them at the top of the hour. The Australian time zone is well ahead of ours (12 hours or so give or take an hour or 2) so quite a few countries must come into that time zone. Im sure there are other countries around the world where you can pick up sky as well through one satellite or another. Anyway, my point was that to cater to everyone that is listening the show sounds more interesting when there are two presenters presenting.

#18907 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

SNA is independent from Sky News UK… we get it overnight and 30mins or so at various times during the day.

SNA is only available in Australia & New Zealand. Sky News UK is available across a larger region.

#18908 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

I prefer female presenters to be presenting on there own!! Maybe thats just me, heh heh!!

#18909 Reply

Abby
    Participant

I live in Saudi Arabia and get Sky News on the Orbit satellite network (out of Cyprus). Couldn’t live without it! Otherwise, we rely on BBC World and CNNI for news.

Abby

#18910 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

There were two men presenting together last friday night. when was the last time this has happened? Did sky believe the Beslan tragedy required male gravitas?

#18911 Reply

Kelly
    Participant

You get the news if the presenters are male or female, why does it have to be a male and female presenter?

#18912 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

I’m not sure the exact reason, but it probably boils down to the portrayal of wisdom both amongst men and women as parental figures, e.g. faher and mother informing children / “society”.

#18913 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

(Sorry if that isn’t very clear, but you can see what I’m getting at)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Presenters Presenting On Their Own
Your information: