Presenter Salaries?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Presenter Salaries?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  kev667 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

AnjaliWOW
    Participant
    #19266 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

I’ve seen a few hints at how much the presenters are on, so here is the question;

How much do SkyNews presenters get??

#19267 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Why do you need to know?

Are you willing to declare your income to the Group?

#19268 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

i wanna know tooo

#19269 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

rob237+Oct 5 2004, 08:28 PM–>(rob237 @ Oct 5 2004, 08:28 PM)
    Why do you need to know?

Jeez!! :huh:
    It don’t take much to hit a nerve here does it?

For what it’s worth, I don’t need to know, I just thought it might be an interesting topic to raise!

Jeez!

#19270 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

rob237+Oct 5 2004, 08:28 PM–>(rob237 @ Oct 5 2004, 08:28 PM)
    Why do you need to know?

Well I need to know because I’m considering becoming a Sky News Presenter.

But it needs to pay more than what I get now, as I need the extra money to buy some presentable outfits; plus there has to be a “celebrity payment allowance” built-in to the amount, for dealing with people recognising me in the street and thinking they’re my friend, just because they’ve seen me on TV.

Not that I’d walk the streets anymore, nor shop with the ‘hoi polloi’, having become a minor celebrity.

I reckon any chimp can sit in the studio, in front of a big teleprompter and parrott the same old drivel for hours on end – especially as it’s the same stuff repeated every few minutes. Plus I wouldn’t listen to any replied from my ‘breaking news’ interviewees, because all I really want to say to them is: ‘so is there a split between Blair and Brown then ?’ – irrespective of the reply I get.

I might get stretched interviewing somebody, or reading what the papers say about a Spice girl’s new body-shape; but I’m sure I could cope.

N.B. Some or all of the above may actually be in jest…

Cheers, P.

P.S. I read here somewhere they’re all on about ?100K – is that right then ? Some thread here said Sky News loses money, perhaps becasue they’re paying the presenters too much ?!

#19271 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

I think the lower end of the salary is about ?100,000 per year, but the top bracket (the likes of Jeremy and Kay) is closer to ?500,000 per year. The freelancers (usually the night shift lot) get paid hourly. Or something like that.

Sounds a lot, but as I think I said a while back, it’s peanuts to Sir Trevor McDonald’s (of ITV) reported ?2 million per year! B)

#19272 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Skybaby+Oct 7 2004, 07:48 PM–>(Skybaby @ Oct 7 2004, 07:48 PM)
    …The freelancers (usually the night shift lot) get paid hourly. …

So that’s why the Night shift lot work 6+ hour stretches and don’t mind repeating the same stuff all the time.. the more hours you do, the more you’re paid… !

What sort of hourly rate, d’you know, ? Equivalent to ?100K+ per year , or is it higher as it’s “contracting” work without pension/holidays, etc. ?

Cheers, P.

#19273 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

In Ireland, the top presenters(in terms of “celebrity”)-Bryan Dobson and Anne Doyle get paid ?120,000 a year..

It is HIGHLY unlikely that Kay or Jeremy get paid half a million a year.
    The freelancers get paid PER SHIFT

#19274 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

and you are talking sterling!!

#19275 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

I remember reading that Adam Bolton is earning around ?200.000 when there was speculation a few years back that he might quit and work in Downing Street. Speaking of Sir Trevor, he’s coming to my university in November to view the Broadcast Journalism department, so hopefully i’ll get to have a quick chat with him.

#19276 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Adam Boulton is on, according to Private Eye couple of editions ago, ?480,000 plus clothing allowance.

kev.

#19277 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

In fairness, Adam Boulton does a HUGE amount of work- he works 6days a week doesn’t he?

#19278 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

kevinjs667+Oct 8 2004, 02:09 PM–>(kevinjs667 @ Oct 8 2004, 02:09 PM)
    Adam Boulton is on, according to Private Eye couple of editions ago, ?480,000 plus clothing allowance.

What does Adam spend his clothing allowance on? I always assumed his ties are Xmas presents given to him by his kids…

#19279 Reply

kev667
    Participant

When Alistair Campbell resigned on a Friday, he asked Boulton if he’d ruined his day off.. he replied with a yes and Campbell said.. Good. So Boulton gets Fri and Sat off, although Sat is for prepping for the Sunday show I presume.

Presumably, justifying his salary is easy. Frost probably gets a similar amount just for being sycophantic on a Sunday. If he’s doing a similar amount of work, probably much more live, than someone like Andy Marr or Mardell then that plus Sundays is easily worth half a mill in medialand. And I presume he’s the editor in charge of Craig, Percival, Spencer and maybe others? It all adds up.

ta
    kev

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Presenter Salaries?
Your information: