Philip Hayton

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Philip Hayton

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sky_news_nut 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

gsf
    Participant
    #26980 Reply

gsf
    Participant

What do people think about Phillip Hayton leaving News 24 because he could not work with his new co-presenter. I think he was one of the best presenters they had.
    I would like to see either ITV News or Sky using him if he has left the BBC.

#26981 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant
    #26982 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

gsf+Sep 26 2005, 05:01 PM–>(gsf @ Sep 26 2005, 05:01 PM)
    What do people think about Phillip Hayton leaving News 24 because he could not work with his new co-presenter. I think he was one of the best presenters they had.
    I would like to see either ITV News or Sky using him if he has left the BBC.

I liked his cheery presentation style and he worked well with Anna Jones .

I dont like the way news 24 is going with its remaining presenters, there are not many

left who impress me.

#26983 Reply

gsf
    Participant

Sky in the past recruited a lot of ex-BBC vetrans such as Chris Morris & Bob Friend, which gave Sky alot of credibility in the early days. It would be good to see him on Sky but I’m not sure if he would be able to operate in the new studios away from the anchor desk

#26984 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Sky will still have a desk.

There were never really any presenters on BBC News 24 that have ever impressed me. Obviously Philip Hayton is a veteren, although, Kate Garroway did stand out when she was on BBC News 24, before she moved to Sky News.

#26985 Reply

gsf
    Participant

Has Phillip surfaced anywhere yet?

#26986 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I’ve only just found out about this. I wondered why I hadn’t seen him on screen for a few weeks. It’s terrible! I thought he was a great presenter. BBC News 24 don’t have many decent news readers. There’s only Chris Lowe, Alistair Yates and a couple of females I can’t remember their names. This business with Kate Silverston, I don’t think she is very good and doesn’t appeal to me. They should have replaced her with someone else, rather than lose someone of Philip Hayton’s credibility.

#26987 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

When Philip was on BBC world years ago. I found him to be really rude. Yes. I’m a female incase if anyone is wondering. I liked him at first, and when he was interviewing someone he would interupt them. I’m gald that he won’t be coming back on BBC. It’s a good thing he left.
    I don’t know about this Kate person thought.
    Why couldn’t he set aside he’s differences and give that poor girl a chance?
    I live in Canada and I don’t get news 24, but it’s as good as bbc world. :angry:

#26988 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

There aren’t many individual presenters on N24 that really stand out for me. But getting the right mix of personalities is defo very important:

like Simon McCoy and Carrie Gracie;
    Matthew A and Jane Hill…they go together.
    They’re the only ones I can think of…

It’s just a shame Philip and Kate couldn’t get along.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Philip Hayton
Your information: