Overnight Sports Tape Loop

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Overnight Sports Tape Loop

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rob237 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rob237
    Participant
    #19175 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Intriguing why some of the presenters persist in this ridiculous looking left [to match the sports reader looking right] farce on their overnight sports bulletin introductions – to deceptively convey that the colleague is actually seated alongside.

Strange that some pairings provide the amateur dramatics, and some do not.

The worst of the respective perpetrators seem to be Ms Errington and the nauseating Nick “Grinning” Powell.

Although, in fairness to the much maligned Ms Errington having done her ‘look left intro” the other morning, the report loop promptly broke down and, as the picture quickly reverted to her she coped extremely well with the unexpected ‘ad lib’ scenario.

#19176 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Ha Ha was wondering when someone would mention this, was going to do it myself.
    It’s very stupid looking alright.
    AnJali Rao don’t do it though she just smiles when introducing the sports section,
    what a babe!

#19177 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I emailed Sky News about this practice a few years ago, saying what an insult to our intelligence this all was. They didn’t reply, but seemed to cease the practice for a while. It looks as though they are at it again.

Mike

#19178 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

This, I believe, is down to the individual presenters. For example, the legend that is David Wedderburn and Alex Hammond always do it, but others don’t.

#19179 Reply

rob237
    Participant

mike_hartland+Oct 13 2004, 10:20 AM–>(mike_hartland @ Oct 13 2004, 10:20 AM)
    I emailed Sky News about this practice a few years ago, saying what an insult to our intelligence this all was. They didn’t reply, but seemed to cease the practice for a while. It looks as though they are at it again.

Mike

Rob Curling being the recent prime culprit.

Although he’s worked on Sport’s coverage with several other channels, he always seems to have little enthusiasm, or knowledge, of sporting matters in general.

Can he be seconded to Children’s TV?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Overnight Sports Tape Loop
Your information: