Overnight Sport

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Overnight Sport

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Glenn 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

jonn0boy
    Participant
    #26689 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Should they have live bulletins OR stick to its pre- recorded ITV news like basis?

#26690 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Why have it live when there is no sport happening? Why waste having an extra person in to read it for the six people still up to watch it, especailly as Sky have their own dedicated Sports News channel? If anything there should be less sport on Sky News

It is incorrect to compare it to ITV as that all pre-recorded through the night whereas on Sky it is only the sport and weather that is.

#26691 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

I suppose you are right.

But right now for instance, US open tennis is on, they could have live feed of that through the night, AND, with reference to Sky Sports News, that is all recorded from Midnight aswell.

So, I think they should have an overnight reporter.

Like Graham Winch, he could do with extra hours. At the moment, it isn’t really worth him being there.

#26692 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

US tennis happens maybe once a year, I hardly think it justifies an overnight shift. Besides, none of the presenters would want to do it! And if someone is that keen to find out the latest tennis score you can go to 401-4, press red or look online.

#26693 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

I am sure there are sports journalists out there who would happily present on Sky News.

But, saying that, I get bored at how often they update you during the day, but, it is worse in the night when it is a repeat.

#26694 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

maybe a temporary live sports update when there is something going on,such as world cups,olympics and such

#26695 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i think it would be a waste. if anything major happens in sport (which it rarly does at that hour) the overnight presenter will take the story. it would deffenetly be a waste. and its not as easy as asking someone to present the sport you would also have to hire people to find the news as is done during the day if you want the sports news to change during the night. there would be more staff than viewers working if that was the case

#26696 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

In the centre behind the news desk, they have a lot of people working anyway,

And as very little in the way of breaking news is broken in the overnight programmes, they could use some of the staff behind the scenes to do a bit of sport.

#26697 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Those people behind the news desk are news people. Sport is written next door by Sky Sports News next door.

#26698 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Well, if having live overnight sport updates is so important to you, why not just have the overnight presenter do brief updates. The sports bulletins only need be brief.

Or just stick to pre-recorded updates, but they could record five or so different bulletins, to make it look more natural.

#26699 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Do BBC news do overnight sport???

#26700 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

No, they’re pre-taped too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Overnight Sport
Your information: