Newsreader Anna Ford retiring in April

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Newsreader Anna Ford retiring in April

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dustymoo 12 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

calciofan
    Participant
    #27767 Reply

calciofan
    Participant

Anna Ford, one of the BBC’s longest serving newsreaders, is to retire with her final broadcast in April 2006. She has worked at the BBC since 1976 and has presented the One O’Clock News on BBC One since its 1999 relaunch.

Ford, 62, told the Sunday Telegraph she wanted “to do other things while I still have the interest and energy” but would miss the BBC.

BBC Director of News Helen Boaden said: “We are very sad to be losing such a valued and well respected journalist.”

| BBC News – TV & Radio

^ Watch the video on the site too!

#27768 Reply

Ornsack
    Participant

Good. Since watching her on the BBC Three Outtakes thing yesterday I suddenly hate her! She was soooooo rude!

It’s rare I hate anyone, but she angered me so much!

#27769 Reply

rob237
    Participant

calciofan+Oct 31 2005, 01:56 AM–>(calciofan @ Oct 31 2005, 01:56 AM)
    Anna Ford, one of the BBC’s longest serving newsreaders, is to retire with her final broadcast in April 2006. She has worked at the BBC since 1976 and has presented the One O’Clock News on BBC One since its 1999 relaunch.

Yet to drop a single ‘H’ in 30 years of newsreading….superb diction!

Could have a lucrative retirement career in teaching most of the modern day crop of readers/presenters how to speak properly…weather bimbo’s especially

Cheers
    Robt P.

#27770 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

rob237+Dec 20 2005, 12:19 PM–>(rob237 @ Dec 20 2005, 12:19 PM)

calciofan+Oct 31 2005, 01:56 AM–>(calciofan @ Oct 31 2005, 01:56 AM)

Yet to drop a single ‘H’ in 30 years of newsreading….superb diction!

Could have a lucrative retirement career in teaching most of the modern day crop of readers/presenters how to speak properly…weather bimbo’s especially

Cheers
    Robt P.

Well her use of the English language is poor, the amount of times she says,

Mondey, Tuesdey, Wednesdey, Thursdey, Friday etc…

When it is, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday etc….

#27771 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Does any one have any images of her leaving the bbc on thursday ?

#27772 Reply

James
    Participant
    #27773 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Anna Ford took up a job with Sainsbury’s yesterday – less than a week after reading out the BBC’s One O’Clock News for the final time.

The 62-year-old has been appointed as a non-executive director of Sainsbury’s and will be involved in improving the image of the supermarket on environmental and social issues such as employing more people aged over 50 and cutting salt in food.

http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment.cfm?id=658862006

#27774 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

I have to put a ton of salt in my food as it is? Everything I buy (not from Sainsbury?s, I can?t afford it) has low salt this, saturated fat taken out of that, don?t get me started on shrunken king size Mars Bar?s. Flippin? Nanny State! No fat in Walkers crisps now. Have you noticed how bland they taste? Holes in plastic bags for parents that cant keep an eye on their own small children? My paper bin?s full of fag ash because of them holes!

I?m spending a fortune on take aways because the taste is being taken out of our supermarket food!

Rant over! Sorry,
    Dusty xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Newsreader Anna Ford retiring in April
Your information: