New Year 2006

Forums Forums TV Newsroom New Year 2006

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lee Smith 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

HarryHayfield
    Participant
    #28614 Reply

HarryHayfield
    Participant

First of all, thank goodness we are seeing the New Year celebrations this year. Last year there was too much tsunami coverage and not enough New Year. Of the ones that I saw only EuroNews managed to strike the right balance (by showing live coverage of midnight in the tsunami affected countries). Anyway, if you’re looking for a schedule:

1100 GMT: Auckland
    1300 GMT: Sydney
    1500 GMT: Tokyo
    1600 GMT: Beijing
    2100 GMT: Moscow
    2200 GMT: Athens
    2300 GMT: Berlin
    0000 GMT: London
    0500 GMT: New York
    0800 GMT: Las Vegas

#28615 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Yes, damn those bloody 250 00 people that died instead of us celebrating a pointless event that happens every 365 days. I’m sorry, but that is one of the most biggoted and insensitive posts I have ever read.

#28616 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i agree with david hundreds of thousands of people died and a sad lowlife like you only wanted to see what fireworks all the other cities had on display. did you ever think hile you were looking for the new years ‘celebrations’ on 31st December 2004 thousands and thousands of people were battling for their lives. and anyway if you had a life then you wouldn’t need to watch the celebrations on tv because you would have your own!

#28617 Reply

HarryHayfield
    Participant

Is it me, or are Sky News Active slower than they used to be? It took them a full 4 minutes past midnight in Sydney to put the Sydney camera onto Sky News Active

#28618 Reply

caseymorris
    Participant

I take it you are taking the preverbial?

or are you really that thick (skinned)

#28619 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

They should ban fireworks, all over Kent bang bang bang to all hours, I got no sleep and my Dog is still suffering.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: New Year 2006
Your information: