Forums Forums TV Newsroom New Member

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stevo 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Irishgirl
    Participant
    #14913 Reply

Irishgirl
    Participant

Hello all,

I’ve recently just stumbled upon this forum in my quest to find out more about Sky News and it’s presenters.

I, like most of you here, am an avid Sky News fan, and I will look forward to sharing my opinions with you all in the future.

Allow me to introduce myself. I’m twenty years of age and reside in the Republic of Ireland. I’m a University student studying Marketing. I have a keen interest in politics, current affairs and sport.

Look forward to chatting with you all

#14914 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Hello and welcome aboard ‘Irishgirl’. I am also in Ireland, so it’s nice to have someone else from the Emerald Isle around. – There’s probably a few others around that I haven’t come across yet, and maybe more to come when Sky News launches it’s Irish news bulletins soon and more people over here take an active interest in Sky News and stumble across these forums!

I’m sure your time here will be very enjoyable, everyone is very nice and civilised here and that’s the way discussion forums should be.

#14915 Reply

Irishgirl
    Participant

Hi Stevo,

I see that from your profile you’re in Co. Limerick. I’m not too far away from you at all. I’m on the banks of the Lee, in Cork City. It’s nice to have other Irish people on the board.

Yes, I think it will be interesting to have the Sky News Ireland segment. Gr?inne Seoige is a great newscaster. She’ll fit right in with the professionalism that is Sky News.

Well hope to chat to you again.

#14916 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Hello to my two fellow compatriots from the emerald isle. Just joined here myself though Ive been reading for a while.

Can’t wait for sky news Ireland myself – they have recruited a great team with a very young age profile. Ray Kennedy, Brian Daly, Gr?inne Seoige, Eibhl?n N? Chonghaile and Lisa Burke doing the weather are all in their twenties or early thirties so I think they are trying to target the younger audience who don’t want to watch Anne Doyle on RTE.

#14917 Reply

Irishgirl
    Participant

Hello my fellow Irish friend. I too, think it’s great that they are targeting a programme not only a younger audience, but also at an Irish audience as well. Vast numbers of people here watch the show and it would be nice to see news about our country on the channel rather than just British news. Also, it will be a refreshing change to some of those very egotistical and annoying news readers we have on RT?.

Oh, and Ray Kennedy is verycute also, if I’m thinking of the right guy

#14918 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Hello er….. aliveandkicking. (!) Welcome to Johnnie’s excellent forum for Sky News fans, nice to see yet another compatriot here. Crikey, Sky News haven’t even launched their Irish news bulletins and we’re already taking over!

Yeah, I’m looking forward to the new Irish News service myself too. Gr?inne Seoige was very good on TV3, so it’ll be interesting to see how she gets on in her new job at Sky News. – I can’t really say anything nice about the RT? news service, as I hated it. It was as dull as dishwater, in both style and content. (Although Sharon N? Bheol?in could always cheer me up in those pre-TV3 days!) But until recently there was never much of a choice over here when it came to news on the TV, so RT? got the viewers regardless.

Sky News was actually always good at covering major news events in Ireland. (The recent tragic bus crash in Dublin got good coverage on Sky News, as did our fans ‘reactions’ during the World Cup in 2002.) But the new service specifically aimed at us, with coverage of Irish happenings not big enough to be shown on the main Sky News (UK) service, should indeed bring in a few more Irish viewers generally to Sky News. I’m looking forward to it, and to seeing yet more fellow compatriots here in the process. So bring it on…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: New Member
Your information: