New Look for Sunrise from Monday April 19th!!!

Forums Forums TV Newsroom New Look for Sunrise from Monday April 19th!!!

This topic contains 109 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Jonno 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 110 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #13709 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

*Offical Thread*

The new on screen graphics are set to go live on the 23rd February 2004 at 6am.

Check back for any updates..

#13710 Reply

fusionlad
    Participant

have you heard any news yet? Is it 100% certain for 6am Monday?

#13711 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I have not heard anything for weeks.

The latest date i heard was 23/2/04 (6am)

#13712 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

RTS announces the winner of ‘News channel of the year’ award on Tuesday 24th Feb. I would guess that this is not going to be apart of the new Ident.

#13713 Reply

pixi
    Participant

johnnie will you be screen caping tomorrow? i have to be in work by 6am tomorrow and will not be home until 5pm. i can check in on the website to see the latest tweaks.

#13714 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Yes. I have to go out about 8am tomorrow. So i will be grabbing from 6am while i am getting ready to go out…

Will put the Screen grabs online before i go out.

#13715 Reply

SimUK
    Participant

Just over half an hour to go… sitting here with my camera phone ready to blog them straight up to the web, and the DVD recorders supposedly going to jump in to action at 5:56am… we shall see (never used the timer record before tonight…!)

#13716 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Well Where are they?

#13717 Reply

SimUK
    Participant

Erm, yes, they don’t appear to have changed.

Maybe 10am? In time for Sky News Today?

#13718 Reply

gillw
    Participant

Doh! So I can delete the 6am Sunrise from my Sky+ planner then…..

#13719 Reply

sparra
    Participant

Well they’re not there for Sky News Today. Doesn’t look like it’s going to happen today… I’d have thought Sky would be making a big thing of it in the press also, ITV and BBC both had pieces in the Guardian when they did their revamps.

#13720 Reply

gillw
    Participant

Problem is that it is not really a big revamp. I think the changes are going to be quite subtle so it may not be officially announced as a revamp. The changes will probably be bigger behind the scenes as technology changes are involved.

#13721 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

well, that was a complete waste of time wasn’t it?

#13722 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I contacted news@sky.com this morning.

Hello.

how are you. are sky news launching there new on screen graphics today.

Cheers, Dan.

It would seem there is no change this morning Dan……

There appears to have been a lot of made up hype on various websites…. Don’t believe all you read !

#13723 Reply

gillw
    Participant

I just watched the 12pm headlines and is it just me or was the globe animation at the top of the hour different??

#13724 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I contacted news@sky.com this morning.

Hello.

how are you. are sky news launching there new on screen graphics today.

Cheers, Dan.

It would seem there is no change this morning Dan……

There appears to have been a lot of made up hype on various websites…. Don’t believe all you read !

lot of made up hype ???

#13725 Reply

gillw
    Participant

I think there are very subtle changes brought on by using new technology to deliver the current graphics…..

#13726 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I think there are very subtle changes brought on by using new technology to deliver the current graphics…..

oh don’t be soft – you’re looking for things that aren’t there

i’m watching now, and NOTHING, nowt, zilch, zero has changed.

#13727 Reply

gillw
    Participant

You’re probably right… I’ll have a proper look tonight when I get home. At the moment I am trying to peer at a TV hanging off the wall in our coffee area!!!

It’s wishful thinking!

#13728 Reply

fusionlad
    Participant

So Johnnie, as your rumours have been posted across the internet, care to name your sources?

#13729 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Look closly at the sports news.  The red tab on the bottom left of the screen says “NEWS” faintly in the background of the main story subject – eg – “FOOTBALL”  Is that all the hype was about???

Noticed that the on-screen graphics for the Arsenal – Chelsea match on Saturday [Sky Sports 2] seemed different; the Red/Blue bits at the bottom of the screen that they put the players and team names on. Could be wrong, but they definitely looked like they had been tidied up, more blocked. (If you know what I mean.) So I thought that the new graphics for Sky News would be something similar.

Definitely nothing has changed on Sky News today and no doubt Johnnie will be a little bit miffed at the “hype” comments from a Sky representitive! So we shall have to wait see what happens, won’t we?

#13730 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

Johnny maybe mad at the source of the new graphics story but this site is normally accurate where sky news is concerned and the new graphics seem to of kept getting put back so maybe thats happend again or maybe the change is to small to notice. Either way sky news is a great channel and this is a great website.

#13731 Reply

ST34
    Participant

Yes, you’re 100% right with your comments Sky Lad and what’s wrong with a bit of hype anyway!

#13732 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Indeed. Hype is good! Of course, it also gives us a new game to play every morning now doesn’t it; checking to see if they have changed their on-screen graphics yet? As I bet that’s what we’re all doing first thing when we get up eh?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 110 total)
Reply To: New Look for Sunrise from Monday April 19th!!!
Your information: