Moira Stuart to leave BBC?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Moira Stuart to leave BBC?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  HBox 13 years ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

HBox
    Participant
    #20382 Reply

HBox
    Participant

There are rumours circulating that Moira Stuart may leave the BBC (whether these are true or not I don’t know).

If she does leave BBC, do you think she will move to another news broadcaster and would she be welcome on Sky News?

I for one would quite like to see her on Sky News, she would add a greater level of authority in the news reading.

#20383 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I cant really see Moria doing a live 2way.

But it would be nice to see her there.

#20384 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

It would be a crime if she was forced out. She’s the only presenter I remember from a young age, I always thought her voice reminded me of a bumble bee (immature I know). She looks ageless and BBC Breakfast wouldn’t be the same without her.

I hope its not true, and worse still that terrible rumour that Sophie Raeworth might take over from Fiona Bruce on the Ten.

#20385 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I dunno, I think Moira would be alright on interviews, the are other presenters around who would be and are less competant/adequate.

#20386 Reply

HBox
    Participant

It’s very quiet today.

#20387 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Yeah of course she would. She’s been working in journalism since 1981, and presented both the Six and Nine O’clock News throughout the 80s and 90s, and she’s never gone down that sexy root which most female presenters do these days.

#20388 Reply

rob237
    Participant

She features in the BBC2 series “Who Do You Think You Are?” tomorrow evening.

Should be interesting………

#20389 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I think she is under used at the BBC, I know they have these new regulations about qualified journalists presenting main news or something, but her experience is greater than a lot of the drippy twits they insist on using.

#20390 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Well Kaplinsky isn’t qualified, after graduating with an English degree she did one of those crash course tv presenting courses for ?500, I don’t think she’s ever fielded a single OB yet, its always been about studio presenting with her.

#20391 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Moira Stuart has been presenting the news on the BBC for as long as I can remember and she is good at her job. She must of done something right, or indeed wrong to have managed to get where she is today. It shouldn’t matter whether she is fully qualified or not as a journalist as to whether she gets to read the news or not on TV. She’s been doing it for long enough. Her experience should get her on presenting the news. I was reading about Natasha Kaplinsky in the newspaper at the weekend. I didn’t realise she’s only 32. I thought she was older than that. These two are both capable of reading the news, and do a good job of it, and that is all that counts.

#20392 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Exactly, I couldn’t agree more.

#20393 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

But Moria has the dignity lol. Wouldn’t catch her greasing her way up to Brucie the way Natasha does on Strictly Come Dancing.

#20394 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

You know you’ve taken a lurch down market when your forced to utter the phase
    “Brucie baby” live on television.

#20395 Reply

Hello
    Participant

NEWSBOY2+Nov 17 2004, 12:01 AM–>(NEWSBOY2 @ Nov 17 2004, 12:01 AM)
    But Moria has the dignity lol. Wouldn’t catch her greasing her way up to Brucie the way Natasha does on Strictly Come Dancing.

As long as Natasha is happy presenting and being on Strictly Come Dancing that is all that matters. How do you know Moira wouldn’t be like that towards Bruce Forsyth on Strictly Come Dancing?

#20396 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I liked Natasha when she was on Sky News, although I think she has been tainted somewhat lately with newspaper articles and Strictly Come Dancing, but as long as she reads the news properly and enjoys what she does and does a good job of it, that’s all that matters.

I did see that programme on Moira’s family origins, very interesting.

#20397 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Because Moria’s never gone down that root. She seems really done to earth and without ego which is rare these days.

#20398 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Yes, very dignified and composed.

#20399 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Well being journalist does help – but it has never been the only way to become a news presenter. Moira Stuart is a national treasure, and I hope she stays with the BBC or any other channel for as long as she can.

I could see Moira doing a live 2 way, and while I can’t see her in the middle of the floods and ruin of New Orleans doing a live location broadcast, she is extremely capable of studio presenting.

As for her being aloof to lighter shows – well she was on a kiddies show in the eighties and is not above making a spectacle of herself with Children In Need.

But unlike many other news presenters Moira WILL be remembered by many generations to come. After all she is a legend!

#20400 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Moira would be good presenting Sky News’ World News Tonight programme.

#20401 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

While I am a great fan of Moira – I just cannot see her fronting a programme like World News Tonight. Perhaps former Beeb bighitters Peter Sissons, Michael Buerk or Kate Adie would be good for this slot.

But as Moira – I think she’ll see out her news days with dear old auntie.

#20402 Reply

HBox
    Participant

dirkyt+Oct 10 2005, 09:03 PM–>(dirkyt @ Oct 10 2005, 09:03 PM)
    While I am a great fan of Moira – I just cannot see her fronting a programme like World News Tonight. Perhaps former Beeb bighitters Peter Sissons, Michael Buerk or Kate Adie would be good for this slot.

But as Moira – I think she’ll see out her news days with dear old auntie.

She probably will.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Moira Stuart to leave BBC?
Your information: