Michael Moore

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Michael Moore

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Byrne 13 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

hamishnewhouse
    Participant
    #20211 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

I dont really care if you support Bush or not, but I have not seen any sign of Micheal Moore (writer/director of F 9/11).

The less we see of this fat american the better. I am so glad he seems to have sunk back into the slim hole in which he came from.

As you can probably tell, I am not a big fan of his.

So…yeah….has any one heard anything from him since George Walker Bush “gained ploitical capital”? If so just wondering what his thoughts were?!?

#20212 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

working on yet another film no doubt.

go and see John Sayles’ Silver City of Wim Wenders’ Land of Plenty instead.

#20213 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

hamishnewhouse+Nov 7 2004, 12:47 PM–>(hamishnewhouse @ Nov 7 2004, 12:47 PM)
    The less we see of this fat american the better. I am so glad he seems to have sunk back into the slim hole in which he came from.

As you can probably tell, I am not a big fan of his.

Oh really? Didn’t notice that.

Go to http://www.michaelmoore.com to get a hint of what he thinks of Dubya’s re-election.

I didn’t like Fahrenheit 9/11 much. Not nearly as funny as Bowling for Columbine or, say, any episode of Awful Truth. I hope his new stuff will provide some more laughs.

Here’s a site that you will probably love, hamishnewhouse: Moorewatch.com. Slander, spin, lies and deceit. Everything they accuse Moore of.

#20214 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Did you know that Rupie M’s publishing co apparently published both Moore’s book and the anti Mike “Stupid Fat White Men”, about M Moore?!

Mike seems to work himself into every frame of 9/11….He’s created an industry out of himself. Celeb obsessed Britain can’t really knock that, but for his film to win at Cannes was a bit OTT. I thought it was a badly edited mess of simplistic, muddled argument but then I’m not a fan, much as I loathe Dubya.

#20215 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

eagleeye+Nov 7 2004, 08:34 PM–>(eagleeye @ Nov 7 2004, 08:34 PM)
    Did you know that Rupie M’s publishing co apparently published both Moore’s book and the anti Mike “Stupid Fat White Men”, about M Moore?!

Yes. They tried to make him edit Stupid White Men after 9/11 because they thought you couldn’t criticize the prez after that day (!?).

And the book’s called “Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man“.

I think it’s really sad to see David Hardy, Jason Clarke and the nut-jobs (trust me, it was bad enough when it was just “JimK” and “Lee”, but this “paratrooper” fella they recruited during the summer just takes the stupidity to a whole new level) over at Moorewatch go at Moore the way they do. Adding “He’s fucking fat” to their list of arguments just shows how childish and desperate for a case against him, or the left in general, they are.

And I don’t think he worked himself into every frame of Fahrenheit 9/11. Of course he’s the narrator, but it’s not like the whole movie was full of icecream truck announcements. But I don’t care much for the movie much anyway, so I really don’t want to go into any further discussion.

#20216 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I liek Michael Moore. I think he’s a good person. I may not agree entirely with his views but he does make some good points and shows some things that the main stream media doesn’t cover.

Over here, we are blessed with a great fair and balanced news network like Sky News. But they don’t have Sky in America and they hate BBC over there. They watch networks like FOX news, where the anchorman says “Are you calling me biased? Well damn right i’m biased” – CNN who get kicked out of Saddams Iraq as well as getting criticised by the White House (strange one isn’t it?) or NBC – there man in Baghdad during the war gives an interview to Saddams TV and then gets sacked! – CBS – I don’t know, they make things up about George and on top of that Dan Rather said something about being biased during the war – I’m confussed.

– so you see my point? – We’re at an advantage to the yanks, they need people like Michael Moore to balance the media equation over there.

#20217 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Nov 7 2004, 10:27 PM–>(Mr Byrne @ Nov 7 2004, 10:27 PM)
    They watch networks like FOX news, where the anchorman says “Are you calling me biased? Well damn right i’m biased” (…)

I’ll add: “Shut the hell up. SHUT THE HELL UP. Alright, cut his mic. CUT HIS MIC. You fucking lefty. You’re a traitor, you know that? I hope your mother doesn’t see this.” (Courtesy of Bill O’Reilly)

And one of their most prominent anchormen wrote this book. Apparently he wants to kill all liberals (that means most of us here) along with the terrorists. (“Deliver us from evil”…)

It’s easy to see why they would vote for Bush, seeing as Fox News is their most watched “news” channel.

#20218 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

ehh hold the horses here. I’m Middle class.

But that is a lovely quote. Good proof. Was that actually aired? My god.

#20219 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Well, you’re a liberal in the eyes of people like Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity…

And the quote was a creative interpretation of something that did in fact happen. I don’t think he used the words “F***” or “lefty”, but he did tell the guy (who had just lost his father on 9/11) to shut the hell up, and his mic was then cut when he didn’t want to shut up. Bill O’Reilly does this constantly. And yes, the guy’s mother was “called out” as well.

Watch the documentary “Outfoxed” (I don’t care whether or not it was paid for by Kerry supporters) for the actual incident. I’m currently seeing if I can’t download a clip of this off some filesharing thing for you all to watch.

#20220 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Jesus. Well now I understand why people think Murdoch is like Elliot Carver.

#20221 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Just to elaborate on who Elliot Carver is, he is the Bond villain in the James Bond movie- “Tomorrow Never Dies” with Pierce Brosnan. Carver is a mass media baron (like murdoch) who starts a war between China and the UK for the sake of some good biased coverage.

#20222 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

It’s quite possible that I’m the only one here who didn’t know that

#20223 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Oh well I’ve been a Bond fan for a long time but I have been extremely dissapointed with them recently

With the departure of Pierce Brosnan who I regard as being second only to Sean Connery and on top of that the last film Die Another Day was a Sci-Fi movie. If they do anymore of that, the X-Files will soon pass for James Bond. – Still going to watch it though!

#20224 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Right clicky and save as for the aforementioned interview. (1,5MB)

#20225 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Well, that’s why Sky News has to work so hard to keep their distance from “sister” channel Fox – not always easy as they take Fox news and reports; and why there’s anti Sky bias (which is childish i.m.o.) in the London media world. Foxification would be the end of Sky – would turn it into what the parodists say it is…”a right wing channel”. Trouble is, I reckon that’s what a certain proprietor would like!

Sky tried to turn Richard Littlejohn into a Brit version of O’Reilly but it didn’t work. It’s just too american a concept (long may that be so). I’m not sure how many viewers just watch good ole boy Bill for the OTT aggro (like Jerry Springer) or whether they really believe it. He’s quite liberal on certain social issues btw. Maybe he’s a closet liberal…let’s out him shall we

How about D*** Cheney as the next Bond villain?

OI OI that’s funny, Johnnie. I typed Mr Cheney’s proper first name and you thought it was RUDE and it got ***ed out!! Thanks. That made my (tough) day!

#20226 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

ha ha ha ha

Well I watched the interview, I recommend everyone to download it and watch it. Sincere thanks to Kristian.

It does prove a good point though. Had that been in a network in Western Europe, he’d have been sacked. I mean I looked through FOX and they are very proud of Bill. They were even boasting an interview with Geroge W. I can’t imagine how easy that would have been for Geroge.

I also passed over a web-site saying something about Bill being accused of sexual harrassment? – That would have got him the sack in Western Europe aswell.

Still though, it is good TV – really good TV – kind of like what you’d expect to see on Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge or Trigger Happy TV, or Tarrant on TV.

#20227 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Nov 8 2004, 08:45 PM–>(Mr Byrne @ Nov 8 2004, 08:45 PM)
    I also passed over a web-site saying something about Bill being accused of sexual harrassment? – That would have got him the sack in Western Europe aswell.

Getting sacked for an accusation is a little harsh I feel.

#20228 Reply

Steven
    Participant

eagleeye+Nov 8 2004, 07:07 PM–>(eagleeye @ Nov 8 2004, 07:07 PM)
    I’m not sure how many viewers just watch good ole boy Bill for the OTT aggro (like Jerry Springer) or whether they really believe it.

I think the result last Tuesday answers that!

#20229 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Unfortunately yes, they are genuine, I’ve talked a lot of americans who actually believe in this stuff and try to convince me that Fox news is so fair and balanced on a regular basis. You can add Sky to that. I think someone mentioned the link. Some people say, Sky News is the american version of Fox news, of course I dissagree with that but sky news’ reputation can be on the line sometimes when FOX be so completely obviously biased.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Michael Moore
Your information: