Kirsty Young to leave Five News

Channel  News Election

Kirsty Young is to leave Five News in the Autumn, it has been announced.

Young has worked for the channel since its launch ten years ago bar a period where she worked for ITV News.

She also presents Desert Island Disks on BBC Radio Four and says she has no other plans for work.

“I couldn’t have worked anywhere better. I’ve been so happy at Five and I’ll miss the incredibly talented people in the news room but after 10 years I feel it’s time for a change,” Young said. “Working in TV news has been a tremendously exciting and exhilarating experience and I will miss that day-to-day buzz but I feel now is the right time to focus on other areas.”

Five’s Senior Programme Controller Chris Shaw said “Kirsty was the Face of Five News when it launched and she defined a new style of news presentation. Obviously we’re sorry she is leaving but understand that she wants a change and everyone at the channel wishes her the very best.”

John Suchet will continue to present the 5.30pm and 7pm bulletins.

Posted by on Friday 25 May 2007
Posted in
Dan Walker Bike Crash e

5 News presenter Dan Walker was involved in a road accident this morning. Dan posted 3 images on Twitter, adding:

News Ident Sea

Channel 5 has agreed a new five-year deal with ITN to produce 5 News. The deal will enable Channel 5

Dan Walker BBC Breakfast Presenter

BBC Breakfast presenter Dan Walker is leaving the BBC to join Channel 5. He will present their flagship news programme,