Kay, Isn't she so annoying

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Kay, Isn't she so annoying

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  phaedrusuk 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

dotdotuk
    Participant
    #26090 Reply

dotdotuk
    Participant

So that is two threads now closed because they are deemed unwelcome:

http://skynewscentre.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1145

http://skynewscentre.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=1154

I don’t wish to provoke an argument but I thought that the whole point of this type of forum is to exchange views.

We will all disagree from time to time.

If as Johnnie says, “We’ve been through this so many time. NO MORE.” then could the same not be said for threads in support of our favourite news channel?

I remember that earlier this year in a thread entitled, ” Greater Powers For Home Invasion Victims” there was one poster who said he would murder a burgular.

If I remember rightly he said he would chase the burgular out of his house and accross fields etc then kill him.

Perhaps he was being a bit Walter Mitty or deliberately trying to provoke a response but if he did actually do that to a burgular then his post in this forum amounts to his criminal statement of pre meditation.

Yet that thread did not seem to be cut short.

What I and my fellow posters said in the threads that have been closed is hardly in the same league as what was said in the “Greater Powers For Home Invasion Victims” thread.

Funny thing democracy isn’t it?

Funny thing free speech isn’t it? :angry:

I have been coming to these forums for ages to get news on Sky News. Yes there are things I find daft such as “who has the best hairdo” type of threads, but I ignore those. Just as I am sure Kay or Emma’s supporters would ignore unfavourable comments.

Am I allowed to criticise?

#26091 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

I think what Johnnie was trying to say is that we have been over it so many times that the topic has died a death. And I agree. But the old threads are still open. There is no need to open new ones if old ones exist.

#26092 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

dotdotuk+Jul 24 2005, 06:03 PM–>(dotdotuk @ Jul 24 2005, 06:03 PM)
    Am I allowed to criticize?

You’ve made 33 posts, half of them bashes Kay, If you don’t like her, fine. It just seems, if we’ve read it once, we’ve read it a thousand times.

We know many don’t like Emma or Kay, but many do, Its a topic that has been covered here many times. I’m sure we don’t need to go on and on about it.

The Rules where changed a few months ago, after the last Emma bashing thread. Personal insults on Sky Staff and Forum Members are not allowed here anymore.

If you still have a problem, PM me.

#26093 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Isn’t it supposed to be open forum? I have just joined this forum and was unaware that threads concerning the irritance of Kay Burley had been done before(although this development doesnt come as a surprise). People do not have to read the thread if they dont want to….and one can never be tired of giving out about the so called ‘Sky Queen’

#26094 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Perhaps we could just agree to have two months solid of no Kay criticism, when the channel relaunches and she has her own show, then I’m sure people will want to express their views about the Sky Queen.

#26095 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

As all of you are aware I am not Kay or Emma’s biggest fan – but some of the comments that are being made are really nasty, and not relevant to this forum.

Unless we meet, or have contact with presenters how do we know what they are like. People are different in a work environment, and Kay and Emma must be nice away from the cameras or they would not have a job.

I am also amazed at people thinking that their rants will mean anything at all. Afterall the presenters, reporters and most importantly the bosses at SKY don’t really care what we think.

#26096 Reply

Steven
    Participant

I think the last poster made an extremely valid point – bashing somebody for the sake of it, because they ‘just bug you’ isn’t welcomed. If you want to offer some critism on their work and presentation then that is acceptable, as long as it is supported with specific examples.
    There are many members of these forums who have been about for a while who just get fed up with the same old tripe repeated every couple of weeks. It is all there to read if you wish, including the old forum.

#26097 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

Difficult one this…..I am all for forums that allow people to post any topic that they want to, we can just ignore the posts, BUT as a forum goes this is not the most prolific regarding posts, so it is quite easy to look back a little bit to see what threads exist although I realise that this can be a tad annoying.

The issue about actually ‘abusing’ presenters is a no-brainer! It shouldn’t happen there is no excuse……BUT a critical post on their presentation style, appearance on screen etc etc is fine and should NEVER be deleted.

As some of the regular posters on her should know….as a presenter I find Kay the most annoying and patronising of all of the sky crew…but i would still love to have a dinner date with her

Zoe Cummings is a presenter that when she comes on, I either have to mute the screen or turn over until her slot is over, I just can’t listen to her…BUT that never excuses any personal attack on somebody that I know absolutely nothing about.

What these presenters are actually like off screen is probably nothing like the ‘image’ they portray on screen.

So, to some up……I believe very strongly that……NO thread should ever be deleted if there has been no actual personal insult…a critical review/opinion of style etc is not a reason to delete….threads can be ignored!!!!

#26098 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

My 2p worth: leave one thread open re. this topic – it can be discussed ad infinitum there.

But any new threads re. thistopic should be closed – but with a pointer as last artivle pointing to the original single open thread – re-directing posts to go there if still about this topic.

That way it is contained to the one thread for posetrity and will not fill-up the forums.

Cheers, Phae.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Kay, Isn't she so annoying
Your information: