Jack Straw…

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Jack Straw…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hullo 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

news_wench
    Participant
    #19221 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

… looks a bit like the demon headmaster, don’t you think?

#19222 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

…And did you realise Straw backwards is: “Warts”

Reverse speech / text can show true meanings, some people say…

‘It was dark, and the way the shadows fell, I was almost already shaking hands before I realised who it was…”.

Almost ? But couldn’t stop ?

Or: I stopped wearing my glasses, for contact lenses, as part of my image makeover and I hadn’t a clue who I was shaking hands with until it was too late.

He’d may as well have been Blunkett…

And what does the Foreign Secrreatary, or any diplomat do in that instance ? Is the art of diplomacy to work round issues like that ? OOr doy uo front up and say: “I’m not shaking hand with you due to the atrocities you have committed”, etc. ? Or is that not the done thing in political/diplomatic circles such as that ? do they ever say what they mean ?

Cheers, P.

#19223 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Just to correct the facts/myself – From subsequent reports, apparently Mr. Straw was having medical treatment for an eye condition – and was therefore not wearing glasses for this reason. So it was not to do with an image-styling reason to not wear glasses and/or contacts instead.
    Cheers, P.

#19224 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

I live in France, where everybody shakes hands with everybody else all the time (except when women are involved it’s usually kiss-kiss, even with almost total strangers… but that’s another story). Anyway, the mayor of the next village to mine is known to be a National Front supporter. It often happens that I can’t avoid shaking hands with him. As soon as I have done, though, I make a show of wiping my hand clean. Straw should have done the same thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Jack Straw…
Your information: