Itv News Channel Is Better Than Sky News

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Itv News Channel Is Better Than Sky News

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dirkyt 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

gaja
    Participant
    #19212 Reply

gaja
    Participant

Ok time we got a bit of healthy debate going on here, Its been a bit quiet of late.

Im finding myself turning to the ITV news channel lately rather than SKY News (sorry but BBC News 24 doesn’t get a look in).

When u look at the whole package, Presenters(sorry Newscasters on ITV), reporters, channel look I often feel ITV comes out on top.

I don’t say any of this lightly I’ve watched Sky News since day one as an excited schoolboy and watched its many triumphs over the years. However Sky News could be accused of resting on its laurels. The current look, including the news wall has become dated very quickly, and there seems no urgency in their presentation. By comparison ITV news has a sense of immediacy and authority that Sky has lost in recent years.

I understand that Sky News will be shortly be launching an new evening schedule and moving to a new News-room in the new year, sure we’ll be watching but by then the battle with the viewers may be lost.

Over to you.

#19213 Reply

Kelly
    Participant

The news on the ITV News Channel overnight is recorded though at least with BBC News 24 they often get live reports from America overnight, Sky News is not that interesting overnight though.

BBC News 24 is annoying at weekends when they keep repeating programmes like Click Online although I think the news is live at all times.

#19214 Reply

Easty
    Participant

I have to agree Sky is slipping and ITV despite its boring set and under-funding is making gains.

Normally, when there is a big breaking story you get a buzz whilst watching Sky. At the moment when I see a breaking story there is no buzz – instead there is boredom.

Personally, I don’t blame the presenters and producers. I blame the news desk. They no longer seem to get good interviews when there is a breaking story.

Sky News used to excel at breaking news due to its pace. A pace which was created through lots of quick interviews. However, as I say – now they are not getting the interviews and instead they are getting 1 interview and mkaing it last half an hour.

For example, Batman at Buckingham Palace – they just repeated the same thing over and over again.

Then another problem. Cameras. Sky used to be good at getting pictures first. However, at the moment it seems to take hours between them breaking a story and getting a camera on the scene. – Another problem.

Sky need to pull their socks up and regain their normal momnetum.

#19215 Reply

Seamus
    Participant

They need to get rid of their IRRITATING advertising too. SO cheap and dull and depressing and repetitive. And Adam Bolton has to stop saying ‘err…’ after second word, and keep his random, wild hand gestures under control!!!

#19216 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

My opinion is that Sky News is far better than The ITN News Channel. Sky News has far more Live outside broadcasts, this was demonstrated with Jermey Thompson live in Parliment Square during the Hunting Ralley and the live boradcasts from Boscastle. As far as US coverage SKY News is miles ahead than ITN, due to Sky’s sister station Fox.

The Sky Studio is so much better, i hate the Vutural Reality set of ITN, its so fake, The News Wall is so good!!!! I love the way that the Ancor Newscasters move around the Sky Studio, form the DesK, to “The News Room” and to the News Wall.

The Newscasters and Reporters are so much better (and more attractive) on Sky. Ian Woods is a great anchor reporter in the US, Richard Bestic really knows the Far East like the back of his hand and you get a real sence of what is going on. Davis Chater is awesome, you only have to look at his Baghdad reporting to know that!!!!! Dom Waghorn is a great Chinese reporter, knows China!!!!!! And as for Rachel Amatt…..well she is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!!!

#19217 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I much prefer Sky News to ITV News. ITV is fourth in my choice after Sky, Fox and BBC. I’m not a fan of repeated news coverage like ITV do. The only thing I don’t like about Sky is the sport overnight. Otherwise Sky is number 1 in my view.

#19218 Reply

philg
    Participant

Although ITV News Channel is getting better, you always seem to get the sense that it is playing second fiddle to the main bulletins. It’s obsession with taking ad breaks, even during press conferences etc. is ridiculous, and although the studio is good for news bulletins, I feel it doesn’t work for 24 hour news. (Not that the ITV NC is 24 hours anyway)

#19219 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I prefer SKY News – yet BBC News 24 is a credible news provider.

When I want a comedy channel I turn to FOX News for impartial coverage about the Republican States of America.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Itv News Channel Is Better Than Sky News
Your information: