ITV and Setanta win England and FA Cup rights

Forums Forums TV Newsroom ITV and Setanta win England and FA Cup rights

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jaggerc1 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #33954 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Broadcast Now:

9:10am: ITV and Setanta Sports have snatched the rights to show live FA Cup and England home matches from the BBC and Sky in a four-year deal. The FA is set to confirm the news later today.

#33955 Reply

calciofan
    Participant

Well that’s not good news for Sky/BBC or most football-watching customers. They’ll have to now pay two different pay tv broadcasters (on top of the BBC fee) to watch all the football.

I’m ok as I already have Setanta (for the Italian football) and Sky Sports.

The Setanta package doesn’t look that bad, plenty of football – Premiership, SPL, European Leagues (Italy, France, Germany, Portugal, Holland), FA Cup, England internationals etc. plus all the other sports.

On the FA Cup round weekends – Sky may have no live football/highlights to show. I think only Spanish football will be on and some Football League matches in the closing stages of the FA Cup tournament.

Any worse news in the future would be if Virgin Media launched a pay-tv Sports channel and took some of the rights from Sky and Setanta!

#33956 Reply

jaggerc1
    Participant

Any idea how much Setanta will cost when they get FA cup & England matches?

If I get Setanta then I will most likely cancel my enetertainment package and just watch all the sky one/living stuff from somewhere else

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: ITV and Setanta win England and FA Cup rights
Your information: