Hostage Crisis

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Hostage Crisis

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Aztech500
    Participant
    #19154 Reply

Aztech500
    Participant

The news at the moment is absolutly sickening and I agree with the Government that we cannot negotiate with evil terrorists and I don’t think they can be negotiated with anyway.
    What I can’t understand is that why the SAS have not been sent in to rescue Mr Bigley. After all, the SAS are the finest and toughest and most elite troops in the world, they are trained in counter terrorism, yet they are not being sent in, why????? Mr Blair, send them in as soon as possible, that is what they are there for.
    One other thing, these images and messages are posted on the internet. People who go onto the internet to watch this are totally and absolutly sick and must have something wrong with them, or are totally evil themselves, like the terrorists.
    I hope Mr Bigley is released and hope these evil thugs and terrorists can one day be bought to justice.

#19155 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Aztech500+Sep 22 2004, 10:43 PM–>(Aztech500 @ Sep 22 2004, 10:43 PM)
    The news at the moment is absolutly sickening and I agree with the Government that we cannot negotiate with evil terrorists and I don’t think they can be negotiated with anyway.
    What I can’t understand is that why the SAS have not been sent in to rescue Mr Bigley. After all, the SAS are the finest and toughest and most elite troops in the world, they are trained in counter terrorism, yet they are not being sent in, why????? Mr Blair, send them in as soon as possible, that is what they are there for.
    One other thing, these images and messages are posted on the internet. People who go onto the internet to watch this are totally and absolutly sick and must have something wrong with them, or are totally evil themselves, like the terrorists.
    I hope Mr Bigley is released and hope these evil thugs and terrorists can one day be bought to justice.

The news is not giving all the fact, for example, I understand there are women in the Iraq jails – These women have been raped and have passing messages telling husbands “Please come and kill me, because of what’s happened”. it does not excuse what is happening, however, it makes more sense when you take in all the facts. Seymour Hersh also stated the US government has videotapes of boys being sodomized at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. Hersh says there is “a massive amount of criminal wrong doing that has been covered up at the highest command. It was clear they did not want the Dr germ, what ever they call her, but the other women that are being held, which so for the media ignore!

#19156 Reply

rob237
    Participant

“What I can’t understand is that why the SAS have not been sent in to rescue Mr Bigley. After all, the SAS are the finest and toughest and most elite troops in the world, they are trained in counter terrorism, yet they are not being sent in, why????? Mr Blair, send them in as soon as possible, that is what they are there for……..”

How about…….because it’s not known where captors and captive are located !!!

#19157 Reply

DDP
    Participant

The news is not giving all the fact, for example, I understand there are women in the Iraq jails – These women have been raped and have passing messages telling husbands  “Please come and kill me, because of what’s happened”. it does not excuse what is happening, however, it makes more sense when you take in all the facts. Seymour Hersh also stated the US government has videotapes of boys being sodomized at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. Hersh says there is “a massive amount of criminal wrong doing that has been covered up at the highest command. It was clear they did not want the Dr germ, what ever they call her, but the other women that are being held, which so for the media ignore!

Of course there are no sources, or proof to back up the claims :rolleyes: Beware of people with an axe to grind. :unsure:

The group makes a non-specific demand they know that cannot be met, and seeks out all the publicity it can possibly get. Terrorism has many faces, and while you may not have someone placing IEDs in your hedge, they are doing a pretty good job at causing a sense of fear around the clock on news channels and the front pages of daily newspapers.

As far as specops being involved in any rescue attempt, if there is no intel, then there really is no point. Personally I can’t see any point as it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s been dead since the weekend.

A group such as this is not likely to spend too long in one location for fear of being located by the 160,000 coalition troops that want a piece of them.
    Considerably more when you add the Iraqi police and a vengeful general population who are a declining in the 100s on a daily basis due to their terrorist acts. If you move around with a hostage it’s going to draw attention. With no intention of release, you get rid of them as soon as you are able so you can sink back into the ‘sewers’.

Is it any wonder the Brit is only one ‘alive’ seeing as the British Government are the only ones to publically try and make contact? This is a group who seek not only to terrorize the Iraqis, and those who seek to help them. But also terrorize us in our homes a thousand miles away, and embarrass a government and show to the world that it is powerless. :angry:

#19158 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

As I haven’t got Sky or any Brit TV at the moment, can anyone tell me if British Muslims have taken to the streets in their hundreds, allied to leaders of other faiths and political leaders, to plead for the life of Ken Bigley?
    There were large public demos in France when the two French journalists were kidnapped. The images and words of French Muslims were moving and I am sure although the French journalists are still being held, that that (and all the behind-the-scenes-intelligence-and-political-manoevring) has helped them. At least I hope so. One young girl going to school – you’ll remember this lot of kidnappers’ demand was the revoking of the new French law prohibiting the wearing of religious headgear eg the veil in schools – removed her veil for the TV cameras, saying “it’s important to me as a muslim that I don’t have blood on my veil”.

Anything similar in scale or tone in England? In my opinion, muslims need to speak out – and in great numbers. Let’s also spare thoughts for the other hostages who were taken today, and to sympathise with all those that have been executed, and their traumatised families, whatever their nationality. And the vast numbers of innocent Iraqis caught up in this madness. It’s not just the poor Brit who is terrified and tortured by these terrorists. Having said that, my immense sympathies go to him and to his family – the suffering while they “wait” is incalculable.

I am so weary of hearing that because x country was against the war, ‘their’ hostages have more right to live than those of x country who partipated. The two Italian women were opposed to the war and indeed I believe one of them stayed there working to help Iraqis throughout the US bombardment, yet they were taken too.
    The “we don’t talk to terrorists” is polspeak. They do, but through trusted ‘intermediaries’.

A French TV journalist was interviewed last night. Just back from a stint in one of the hotel-prisons for journos these days in Baghdad. She says that many young Iraqi children are being kidnapped by bandits for ransom money too and it’s going unreported.

Iraqis are just wondering if they are going to make it through the day…so you can’t expect them to publicly denounce what is going on if they find it upsetting and distasteful. I wonder what most of them do think these days.

You can blame Blair for going to war, but I just can’t see how he can do anything to facilitate the release of Ken Bigley or any other British hostage, other than through the intelligence services working extremely hard with their contacts in Iraq and the M.E., as I expect they are doing.
    But these lot aren’t the type to listen. I feel desperately for Mr Bigley and his family. I can’t relate to those of you who say “he knew the risks”. I just have no idea how to deal with this medieval barbarism.

#19159 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Paul Bigley’s home has been raided by the secret service tonight..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Hostage Crisis
Your information: