Hat's off to Brazier

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Hat's off to Brazier

This topic contains 506 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  jonn0boy 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 507 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30458 Reply

    jk80
    Participant
    #30459 Reply

    jk80
    Participant

    I have to admit that even though I had reservations when I noticed that they had taken him off reporting duties and put him in the studio, Colin Brazier is fast becoming one of my favourite presenters.
    No nonsense and intelligent, his recent “proper” journalistic activities mean that he has the nous to ask decent questions and more importantly, he has not (yet) developed any of those silly presentational tics and habits that several other presenters have. Hearing James Rubin throw to “Co-lin” is just a treat.

    #30460 Reply

    guvnorgaz
    Participant

    jk80 wrote:I have to admit that even though I had reservations when I noticed that they had taken him off reporting duties and put him in the studio, Colin Brazier is fast becoming one of my favourite presenters.
    No nonsense and intelligent, his recent “proper” journalistic activities mean that he has the nous to ask decent questions and more importantly, he has not (yet) developed any of those silly presentational tics and habits that several other presenters have. Hearing James Rubin throw to “Co-lin” is just a treat.

    I think he is really good,Brazier that is and not the septic :biggrin:

    #30461 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    I think colin brazier is absolutely gorgeous so it just adds to the viewing pleasure of sky news

    #30462 Reply

    Musey
    Participant

    i thought he was good before, and I think he’s even better now. one of the highlights of sky’s middle east coverage so far. smooth presenting, good, informative reporting. top class

    #30463 Reply

    skylark
    Participant

    Agreed, COlin’s the best assett that SkyNews has by far.

    #30464 Reply

    Musey
    Participant

    he’s a cannonball with style

    #30465 Reply

    jonn0boy
    Participant

    Yep, he is VERY good. Top notch!

    #30466 Reply

    guvnorgaz
    Participant

    I think he is very good, whether its in the studio or out on location

    #30467 Reply

    gsf
    Participant

    Top notch performance again this morning from Colin dealing with that anti-war clown who only wanted to promote his march and not engage in any meaningful discussion. It makes you wonder why Sky bother having these guests on when they are not willing to discuss the complexity of the situation and just go off on the usual one-dimensional rant against the West.

    #30468 Reply

    Musey
    Participant

    don’t you understand gsf, everything’s bush and blair’s fault… :rolleyes:

    #30469 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    check out this article regarding colin brazier

    http://newssearch.looksmart.com/p/articles…18/ai_n12825762

    #30470 Reply

    George
    Participant

    vicky23 wrote:check out this article regarding colin brazier

    http://newssearch.looksmart.com/p/articles…18/ai_n12825762

    There was a thread on this around the time it occurred Vicky23
    IMHO I think it’s a shame to drag it up again

    #30471 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    George wrote:(vicky23 @ Aug 1 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]15753[/snapback]


    check out this article regarding colin brazier

    http://newssearch.looksmart.com/p/articles…18/ai_n12825762

    There was a thread on this around the time it occurred Vicky23
    IMHO I think it’s a shame to drag it up again

    well George i was just browsing the net today and came across it I didnt know about the incident until today!

    #30472 Reply

    SSLuke
    Participant

    bring up what you like vicky. i was under the impression that this was a discussion forum, not a fansite.

    #30473 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    SSLuke wrote:bring up what you like vicky. i was under the impression that this was a discussion forum, not a fansite.

    well said…so was i. i meant nothing by it I just thought it was a funny story :biggrin:

    #30474 Reply

    Musey
    Participant

    and in any case, it’s rather relevant. his original demotion has now sort of worked out to his advantage when you think about it.

    #30475 Reply

    Stevo
    Participant

    I was never really that keen on Colin Brazier before, not for any particular reason I don’t think. But I do have to say that he’s grown on me during the recent middle-east crisis stuff. He really is doing a very good job with the Lebanon/Israel coverage. So he hasn’t done too badly by the disciplinary events noted above. Everyone is entitled to make a mistake. It doesn’t always make them bad at their job, and Colin is doing a fine job at Sky News. So well done Colin. Keep it up.

    #30476 Reply

    George
    Participant

    vicky23 wrote:(SSLuke @ Aug 1 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]15763[/snapback]


    bring up what you like vicky. i was under the impression that this was a discussion forum, not a fansite.

    well said…so was i. i meant nothing by it I just thought it was a funny story :biggrin:

    Sorry Vicky, I hope you didn’t get the impression that I was implying you weren’t
    allowed to mention it. I was just thinking about the ‘spirit’ of the thread title. Have a good day

    #30477 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    I like Colin he is my favourite sky news presenter :biggrin:

    #30478 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    Musey wrote:and in any case, it’s rather relevant. his original demotion has now sort of worked out to his advantage when you think about it.

    very true cos now he is a presenter…so it was a good move on Colin’s behalf :laugh:

    #30479 Reply

    jk80
    Participant

    SSLuke wrote:bring up what you like vicky. i was under the impression that this was a discussion forum, not a fansite.

    I don’t know what forum you’ve been reading, but the majority of the topics on here seem to be about liking/disliking one presenter or another…

    #30480 Reply

    Musey
    Participant

    i just love this thread title tbh. Hat’s off to Brazier!

    #30481 Reply

    Forum Member
    Participant

    Although I find the whole Middle East situation amazingly depressing and can only watch Sky News for a limited period before being brought to the depths of despair,the whole team have been brilliant.Fantastic news reporting from Lisa,Emma,Colin and Tim.I know they love their awards at Sky but one would be definately deserved for this coverage.Hope they all keep safe over there.

    #30482 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    CyrilTheWasp wrote:Although I find the whole Middle East situation amazingly depressing and can only watch Sky News for a limited period before being brought to the depths of despair,the whole team have been brilliant.Fantastic news reporting from Lisa,Emma,Colin and Tim.I know they love their awards at Sky but one would be definately deserved for this coverage.Hope they all keep safe over there.

    The coverage has been excellent and i hope they are all safe

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 507 total)
Reply To: Hat's off to Brazier
Your information: