Has Isha left?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Has Isha left?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Butterfinger 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author

January
    Participant
    #25555 Reply

January
    Participant

Maybe I’m just being blonde but has she gone? I noticed this morning (and nearly choked on my cornflakes) when she came on the ITV London Today bulletin during GMTV. Does she always do that? Because I thought everyone stuck with one channel. Also, Vicky Gomersall was doing the day slot with Jim today when it’s usually Isha (I know, highly sad that I know that).

Anyway, has she gone? Or am I blonde?

#25556 Reply

Country_Girl202
    Participant

last time i saw Isha was last saturday 18 june i think i havent seen her sine so maybe i think Vicky has taken over from her

#25557 Reply

ADG
    Participant

Hmm…Im sure she has been on recently. Probably late night. The Sexy Georgie Bingham was doing the late shift for the past two nights…

I dont think Isha has left at all. Probably gone for a break.

ADG

#25558 Reply

Country_Girl202
    Participant

maybe it has someting to do with this

A support network for aspiring black journalists

Career Seminar
    Come and join us for an evening of networking, careers advice and first-hand information on getting top jobs in the media.

SPEAKERS:
    Isha Sesay Sky Sports News Presenter

or maybe not i just read the date and its about 2 years out of date

#25559 Reply

jaggerc1
    Participant

I saw her a couple of days ago doing from early to 10am, i think it was with Mike

#25560 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I hope she hasn’t left, I think shhe is quite good, perhaps she could do mainstream news presenting on Sky News.

#25561 Reply

January
    Participant

How long has she been with Sky? Wouldn’t they have made moreof a fuss if she had have gone? But I’m not crazy, it was definitely her and she even said “I’m Isha Sesay”.

I’d really love to know what’s going on in the world of SSN

#25562 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

why on earth are you getting so concerned with the movement of human beings from one vacancy to the next? she may be freelance, she may have left temporarily or permanently. Who cares – she’s just doing a job.

It’s the summer – employees (in this case, the presenters) are obviously entitiled to exercise their right for some leave, whether it be for days, or weeks. It seems that a couple of SSN presenters are on holiday at the moment – why can’t you get your head round that?? Nothing ‘crazy’ is going on.

With respect – perhaps you should worry about more important things.

#25563 Reply

January
    Participant

Sorry luvvie, but having just finished all my exams and now doing work experience, it’s tough to fill the night time hours which were usually full of revision. Now I don’t know what to do with myself without revision. And don’t tell me to go outside and play a sport (I’ve been doing that all weekend)… it’s pissing it down outside.

Oh, and I’m awfy sorry, but if you knew how many “important” things I do have to worry about daily, you’d see that this is very low on my list of priorities. And it’d be low on yours too if you had my life. I’m just dramatic about it all.

#25564 Reply

January
    Participant

OK I now realise that that post was slightly bitchy so now this one is an apology (see? I even worry about the feelings of people I’ve not even met! :unsure: ). I’m actually quite nice, but just becoming slightly obsessed by Sky Sports. It just surprised me to see her on there is all and I just wondered if I’d missed something. That was the only reason I asked- I’m not particularly upset she’s gone, but I knew other would wonder too, so that’s why I brought it up. And now it would seem I’m talking to myself… maybe you’re right after all!

With respect, I am worrying about more important things. But I hide it well, no?

#25565 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Apparently Isha was presenting on the ITV News Channel last night as well.

#25566 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

January+Jun 29 2005, 05:44 PM–>(January @ Jun 29 2005, 05:44 PM)
    OK I now realise that that post was slightly bitchy so now this one is an apology (see? I even worry about the feelings of people I’ve not even met!  :unsure: ). I’m actually quite nice, but just becoming slightly obsessed by Sky Sports. It just surprised me to see her on there is all and I just wondered if I’d missed something. That was the only reason I asked- I’m not particularly upset she’s gone, but I knew other would wonder too, so that’s why I brought it up. And now it would seem I’m talking to myself… maybe you’re right after all!

With respect, I am worrying about more important things. But I hide it well, no? 

…no need to apologise – worry about what you want to worry about! I was just curious as to why you seemed so dumbfounded by SSN presenters, that’s all.

For the record, i was myself surprised to see Isha on ITV, i always saw/see her as one of SSN’s main faces.

#25567 Reply

DDP
    Participant

She may well be doing overnight coverage for ITV News presenters who are on vacation. Rachel McTavish has only been on once the last couple of weeks so I figure shes on her summer break has there have been four different presenters on including Isha this week.

#25568 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

she was on the itv news tonight aswell,i think she was last on ssn on sat night.if they arent careful another one will leave because that vicky gomersall has done every day for the last 2 weeks whereas the likes of miss dalglish do a two day week

#25569 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Why would anyone in their right mind choose to present on the ITV News Channel, no one watches that channel, it’s crap as far as news channels go.

#25570 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

must be good money,another ex ssn presenter carrie frais is on there aswell

#25571 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

HBox+Jul 3 2005, 12:39 PM–>(HBox @ Jul 3 2005, 12:39 PM)
    Why would anyone in their right mind choose to present on the ITV News Channel, no one watches that channel, it’s crap as far as news channels go.

What a childish comment.

#25572 Reply

jaggerc1
    Participant

guvnorgaz+Jul 1 2005, 01:28 AM–>(guvnorgaz @ Jul 1 2005, 01:28 AM)
    she was on the itv news tonight aswell,i think she was last on ssn on sat night.if they arent careful another one will leave because that vicky gomersall has done every day for the last 2 weeks whereas the likes of miss dalglish do a two day week

What days dose Kelly do now?
    I know she dose sundays but what else

#25573 Reply

HBox
    Participant

SSLuke+Jul 5 2005, 09:06 AM–>(SSLuke @ Jul 5 2005, 09:06 AM)

HBox+Jul 3 2005, 12:39 PM–>(HBox @ Jul 3 2005, 12:39 PM)

What a childish comment.

What a redundant comment.

#25574 Reply

DDP
    Participant

guvnorgaz+Jul 3 2005, 03:47 PM–>(guvnorgaz @ Jul 3 2005, 03:47 PM)
    must be good money,another ex ssn presenter carrie frais is on there aswell

Carrie is freelance so maybe Isha is as well? :unsure:

#25575 Reply

Butterfinger
    Participant

Looks like she has either left Sky Sports News, or just left for the summer.

#25576 Reply

Butterfinger
    Participant

Well she can be spotted on the “ITV News” Channel, at 11pm – Onwards. Looks like she enjoys it there.

#25577 Reply

Swansea_fan
    Participant

I was wonering where she had gone too. She wasn’t really one of the better presenters imo, and only average looking too. I’d rather Vicky Gommersall any day.

#25578 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

(…) Isha Sesay, a Briton of Sierra Leonean parentage, joins the team of CNN International anchors based at the network’s global headquarters in Atlanta , from the UK broadcaster ITN, where she has been an anchor for the ITV1 ?Early Morning News’ program, as well as for the UK’s most-watched breakfast program, ?GMTV’. (…)

-> http://www.cnnasiapacific.com/en/press/20051101_1_1.asp

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Has Isha left?
Your information: