Getting Into The Media

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Getting Into The Media

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NEWSBOY2 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

topbird
    Participant
    #18725 Reply

topbird
    Participant

HELP I gradratuated with a media degree but how do I GET into the media?)

I have worked damn hard to get this media degree (and while studying at uni I found out that I had dyslexia)

I have had work experience, worked voluntary for hospital radio where do I go from here?

I have thought about taking a masters but I cannot afford to go on this – is there any other alternatives. Grateful if anyone out there could assist.

CHEERS

#18726 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

topbird+Aug 22 2004, 09:42 AM–>(topbird @ Aug 22 2004, 09:42 AM)
    HELP I gradratuated with a media degree but how do I GET into the media?)

I have worked damn hard to get this media degree (and while studying at uni I found out that I had dyslexia)

I have had work experience, worked voluntary for hospital radio where do I go from here?

I have thought about taking a masters but I cannot afford to go on this – is there any other alternatives. Grateful if anyone out there could assist.

CHEERS

I assume in the UK it is the same as here in Australia.

Apply at community radio stations & local newspapers. Get some experience and then apply on from there. Media is very competitive to get into, but keep pressuring and trying and you should be able to break into it and work your way up.

#18727 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Try applying for a post-graduate in Journalism, in the mean time get some work experince at a broadcaster / paper, or even just at the local radio station.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Getting Into The Media
Your information: